Do you still think Yaya's slow and cumbersome?

The tank is back! Coming into form again. I'd been disappointed with his involvement in the first few games, think that was just match fitness.

Off topic, but then I can't start a new topic, so there.

Was thinking of a new song to commemorate the derby win the other week and came up with the following:

(To the tune of 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' [adapted])

On the worst day of Fergie’s life
My true love sent to me
The biggest win in derby history.

On the worst day of Fergie’s life,
my true love sent to me
First goal by Mario
Second goal by Mario
Third goal by Sergio
Fourth goal by Edin
Fifth goal by David
Sixth goal by Edin
And the biggest win in derby history.

my true love sent to me
First goal by Mario
Second goal by Mario
Third goal by Sergio
Fourth goal by Edin
Fifth goal by David
Sixth goal by Edin
Yet another Poznan

- - -

OR, as a slightly longer version:

My true love sent to me
The biggest win in derby history.

My true love sent to me
Two halves of glory

My true love sent to me
Three points at the swamp
Two halves of glory

my true love sent to me
First goal by Mario
Second goal by Mario
Third goal by Sergio
Fourth goal by Edin
Fifth goal by David
Sixth goal by Edin

my true love sent to me
First goal by Mario
Second goal by Mario
Third goal by Sergio
Fourth goal by Edin
Fifth goal by David
Sixth goal by Edin
Yet another Poznan

my true love sent to me
First goal by Mario
Second goal by Mario
Third goal by Sergio
Fourth goal by Edin
Fifth goal by David
Sixth goal by Edin
Yet another Poznan
Masterclass from Bobby

Along with Vinnie and Silva he is one of our best players. The people don't rate him or think he's lazy are chronic sufferers of 'Dickov syndrome' and/or simply don't know what they're talking about

The Fat el Hombre said:
Along with Vinnie and Silva he is one of our best players. The people don't rate him or think he's lazy are chronic sufferers of 'Dickov syndrome' and/or simply don't know what they're talking about

Harsh, but true.

The Fat el Hombre said:

He isnt lazy but he does look unfit at times maybe he enjoys a couple of packs of B&H Gold a day though

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

He isnt lazy but he does look unfit at times maybe he enjoys a couple of packs of B&H Gold a day though

He does but it's usually after a burst forward at least. Most people don't see how hard he works in the middle and how many angles he cuts off when the opposition is trying to pass it. He also presses a lot and puts the opposition under pressure. Immense player and we're lucky to have him. Everyone's shit scared of him and he's bullying people at times this season, physically (about 3 times last night he just stood with the ball instead of passing and blocked opposition players off) and with his talent

We must be an opposing manager's worst nightmare. Even when they receive our teamsheet they dont have a clue how we will line up.

The fact that players like Yaya, Milner, Balotelli, Nasri & Aguero can play different roles gives Mancini massive flexibilty to tinker with our shape depending on the weaknesses of our oppenents.

Yaya has been playing well all season in different roles. He got the headlines yesterday but his contribution against United was just as valuable. He should be praised for his versatlity and consistency.

Yaya's a Rolls Royce of a footballer, he really is. I can understand people's frustrations with him at times because he does seem to often play at 80% rather than 100%, but even at 80% he's probably the best box to box midfield player in the league, if not in Europe full stop. Certainly in the top 3. We're very lucky to have him.

As others have pointed out, big players score big goals in big games.

BillyShears said:
Yaya's a Rolls Royce of a footballer, he really is. I can understand people's frustrations with him at times because he does seem to often play at 80% rather than 100%, but even at 80% he's probably the best box to box midfield player in the league, if not in Europe full stop. Certainly in the top 3. We're very lucky to have him.

As others have pointed out, big players score big goals in big games.

Absolutely mate, some very nimble footwork for a big man as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.