Do you still tip?

Yeah I do, as remember that it does make a shit wage bearable.

But if the servise is bad, then no. Remember some years back, a guy taking our bags from our room to our car in the Luxor, Vegas, 'lost' them, then they turned up at the totally opposite side of the hotel from here the valet had brought the car.

WE had to go and get them, he stood and watched us load the car, and then had the brass feckin neck to hold his hand out for a tip......he learned some new English insults that day....twunt

I`ll tip if its good service and the meal was good, but what I don't like is when they bring the card reader over and while going through the payment process it asks whether you want to add 10% for the tip. I always say no to that. I`d much rather leave some cash on the table if I feel like it.

I tip if they deserve it, usually if I'm going for a nice meal (or there's a big group of us), hairdressers, takeaway delivery.

Nothing compared to tipping in America though. It's ridiculous!!

I always tip. Dunno why but I feel cheeky if I don't. Really wish I didn't feel that way sometimes though.

I tip for good service and if the person serving me is polite, happy and knows what they are talking about.

If someone brings a beer over or a plate of food, dumps it and then fucks off why should I?

I also hate the feeling that I am expected to tip.

Nearly always tip taxi drivers or if I go for a meal. I was in London for a week last year and was eating out every lunchtime & in the evening and everywhere was adding an optional 12.5 % service charge. After the first few days I got pissed off with it and started removing it, unless the service was good, especially if just going for lunch. Went to this Vietnamese place for lunch & left the cash on the table minus the 12.5 % & left & about 4 of them came running out saying the bill was short. When he showed me the bill I just pointed to where it said optional 12.5%, I told him I for going for the option of not paying it. He didn't seem to pleased but he had just had £60 out of me for lunch so fuck him.

Where did 12.5% come from anyway I always went on the assumption that it was 10%?

I worked in a pub for 5 years,so realise the difference 20p or so a round can make in what are generally shit wages

I usually go for between 5 and 15% on meal depending on how good it's been. I've occasionally been accused of "giving it the big one" by Mrs GDM, but it's nice to show your appreciation to someone whose made your meal more enjoyable. I tip less in real terms than I used to but that's because I/we don't eat as lavishly as we used to.

I usually tell the taxi driver to round it up to the nearest pound and if I'm in a round I'll usually ask the person serving me to get one for themselves.

If there's a service charge I will almost never give any form of tip, however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.