Do you support the RMT?

As I understand these 'private' companies receive government subsidies yet still manage to pay their shareholders dividends. Nice work if you can get it. The whole setup is a mess, rather than privatise the railways because "private industry promotes competition and better service" we should have just found better managers for British Rail and just accepted the fact that the public purse needs to subsidise public transport (as it does in most other countries). Same with water, following privatisation the boards of water companies paid themselves massive salaries and bonuses at the same time as cost cutting that has led us to where we are now. The private sector is in any game to make profits not provide a public service.

British Rail (as it was ) was deliberately underfunded by the Tories and the mess it created was used as an excuse to privatise.

(You can substitute the name of any privatised business for ''British Rail'' )

I still smile when I remember that I can get a week in Turkey or Malta at a 5 star hotel , all inclusive with drinks plus transfers and flights for less than a walk on day return from Manchester to London.

As I understand these 'private' companies receive government subsidies yet still manage to pay their shareholders dividends. Nice work if you can get it. The whole setup is a mess, rather than privatise the railways because "private industry promotes competition and better service" we should have just found better managers for British Rail and just accepted the fact that the public purse needs to subsidise public transport (as it does in most other countries). Same with water, following privatisation the boards of water companies paid themselves massive salaries and bonuses at the same time as cost cutting that has led us to where we are now. The private sector is in any game to make profits not provide a public service.
Ye I saw the Ben Elton documentary that they’d been subsided more than if we kept it in public ownership!

British Rail (as it was ) was deliberately underfunded by the Tories and the mess it created was used as an excuse to privatise.

(You can substitute the name of any privatised business for ''British Rail'' )

I still smile when I remember that I can get a week in Turkey or Malta at a 5 star hotel , all inclusive with drinks plus transfers and flights for less than a walk on day return from Manchester to London.
I'm in Kemir. Family of four, 3 grand

Ye I saw the Ben Elton documentary that they’d been subsided more than if we kept it in public ownership!
This is a good watch about BR

I expect the action will be suspended next week for this very reason.

Meanwhile Tory boys are up in arms as the plebs fight back against their paymasters but say fuck all if the paymasters exploit the plebs.
Do you still reckon the strikes will be called off? Might be looking to change a couple of tickets but want to wait and see if I can do it for free!

Not uncommon. Once the MPs expenses scandal hit the fan and the whole system was 're-organised' there were suggestions aplenty that the new system was costing more'n the old 'un!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.