Do you think player by player, we are better than Arsenal?

johnmc said:
To be honest it depends who we get in at the back - as it is i think VK will play at the back as you say. If we get Terry Toure and/or Lescott I can see NDJ and VK vying for the DM spot. Thats healthy competition. I think we only need one central defender for VK to be cover for both central defense and defensive midfielder.

I can't even believe i'm talking about VK not being first choice and indeed not needing Alonso but thats how far we've come in such a short space of time.

And Ussy i'm not saying alonso is rubbish, far from it, just that we don't need him in my opinion
I think we only need one centre half if we get Terry, and we can let Ned learn next to him, if it doesn't work then we can always bring someone else in, but i don't want us to go and buy Lescott, Terry and Toure and Ned will be used as cover, he's proved he has the talent he just needs to stay injury free, but my concern is he'll always be like Ledley King. If Terry doesn't come then Lescott and another will be needed, Toure isn't good enough imo to improve us drastically.

Depending on scenarios then that depends on whether we need another midfielder, we might also have to replace Elano yet.

The fullback positions are pretty covered for now, only Chelsea really have class full backs, the rest of the top four are good players but not outstanding apart from maybe Evra and Clichy.

De Jong will prove his class imo, but we still need to be able to rely on quality cover to be able to push for the top four

AntonDonJuan said:
johnmc said:
To be honest it depends who we get in at the back - as it is i think VK will play at the back as you say. If we get Terry Toure and/or Lescott I can see NDJ and VK vying for the DM spot. Thats healthy competition. I think we only need one central defender for VK to be cover for both central defense and defensive midfielder.

I can't even believe i'm talking about VK not being first choice and indeed not needing Alonso but thats how far we've come in such a short space of time.

And Ussy i'm not saying alonso is rubbish, far from it, just that we don't need him in my opinion
I think we only need one centre half if we get Terry, and we can let Ned learn next to him, if it doesn't work then we can always bring someone else in, but i don't want us to go and buy Lescott, Terry and Toure and Ned will be used as cover, he's proved he has the talent he just needs to stay injury free, but my concern is he'll always be like Ledley King. If Terry doesn't come then Lescott and another will be needed, Toure isn't good enough imo to improve us drastically.

Depending on scenarios then that depends on whether we need another midfielder, we might also have to replace Elano yet.

The fullback positions are pretty covered for now, only Chelsea really have class full backs, the rest of the top four are good players but not outstanding apart from maybe Evra and Clichy.

De Jong will prove his class imo, but we still need to be able to rely on quality cover to be able to push for the top four

With Johnson already here, I'd say we only need one more good box-to-box player to be able to give Barry and Ireland a run for their money even if Elano leaves. I do think that this box-to-box player should be really good though. Kompany and DJ battling it out for the holding role.

johnmc said:
Gallas is nothing - his premier league winners medals are made of chocolate, his 50/60 french caps don't exist.

He is better than any defender we currently have at the club.

phil neville has 60+ caps means fuck all, gallas is no better than dunnie and when nedham is the same age as gallas he'll be awesome.

Watch the video on youtube of Arshavin scoring 4 against Liverpool, fairly amazing on the last one. He runs the length of the pitch in no time and then hammers it in with his bad foot. class.

de niro said:
phil neville has 60+ caps means fck all, gallas is no better than dunnie and when nedham is the same age as gallas he'll be awesome.

Bob, come on. Would Dunne or Neville have got 60 caps for France? And yes I'll compare them at the same age and Ned might well be better than him when Gallas was 21 but if Ned goes on to be better than Gallas then we have one hell of a player on our hands. Yet to be confirmed though. Don't build our players up to be something they arent yet. We have seen how it has affect Richards and Johnson.

I remember Gary Mason was gonna be the next big thing - an equisite midfielder and one that would go on to be a lynchpin. What happened to him. How any one can say Ned is better than Gallas when he hasn't even had a full premier league season under his belt is beyond me.

In answer to the OP....

No, we will get nowhere near the top four with whant we currently have imo.

Arsenal with what they currently have will be in the top 4 again.

Still a couple of major flaws in the balance of our 1st eleven from a top 4 point of view.

And the clock is tickin..............

Goalkeeper:

Given vs Almunia - Us by miles, Almunia is pure shite

Defence: - Arsenal by a bit, but when the window closes we will have a better defence anyway

Richards vs Sagna - Arsenal

Nedum vs Toure - Arsenal, just

Kompany vs Gallas - Us, just

Bridge vs Clichy - Arsenal

Midfield: - Im going to say evens

De Jong vs Denilson - Us, by miles

Barry vs Cesc - Arsenal, not that far off though

Ireland vs Arshavin - Arsenal, just

Attack: - Us overall

Tevez vs Walcott - Us

Adebayor vs Eduardo - Close, but Eduardo will be dodgy after that injury so Us

Robinho vs van Persie - Us

Overall - Evens, but we have better back up players :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.