Do you think the world will be much different in 70 years from now?

Something very very profound is going to happen, something like 50 years from now, which will change EVERYTHING.

2070 is the point by which a large group of leading scientists and nobel laureates believe humans will no longer be the most intelligence "species" on the planet, and intelligent computers will have surpassed us.

That is truly an incredible inflexion point. Because such "beings" will not be bounded by our DNA-based biology which has taken millions of years to get us to where we are. Instead, their development will accelerate from that point, such that in maybe another year or so, they are 2x more intelligent than us, and in another couple of years, 10x more. It won't be long before we are mere ants to them. Humans will be viewed as lifeforms of such simplistic and trivial make-up as to be rather unimportant, apart from the minor novelty of considering where we came from.

I can't remember the source for the 2070 date, but of this same group of scientists, a significant faction are of the opinion that extinction of the human race will follow shortly after 2070 as a result.

I know this sounds very Terminator, and I am not entirely sure I share the view on our doomsday scenario, but I think it's certainly a strong possibility. That intelligent "computers" - for want of a better word - will soon be more intelligent than us, is I think a nailed on certainty. It's also a nailed on certainty that by that point, these computers will already control pretty much every aspect of human existance, from the planting and growing of our crops, to the running of our cities infrastructures, the powering of our planes, cars, factories etc, the firing of our weapons. This is a given.

So we will be entirely in the lap of the gods as to whether these beings decide that humans, with all the damage we do to the planet, are worth keeping. Or not.
Just need to pull the plug at the wall, problem solved.

Watched something on Youtube and it got me thinking about how different the world will be in the future, even now looking back at the last 40 years things have changed so much i.e technology etc, things are always changing even when we don't realise, to think how different it would be living now and then going back 50 years would be crazy.

Ps - No I haven't been on the wacky backy haha
The way things are going we'll have a vastly reduced population and the world will be better for it.

The way things are going we'll have a vastly reduced population and the world will be better for it.
Alas there's only one way our population will be vastly reduced and the world would definitely not be a better place for it, well not for several million years when highly intelligent scorpions would be the dominant species.

Something very very profound is going to happen, something like 50 years from now, which will change EVERYTHING.

2070 is the point by which a large group of leading scientists and nobel laureates believe humans will no longer be the most intelligence "species" on the planet, and intelligent computers will have surpassed us.

That is truly an incredible inflexion point. Because such "beings" will not be bounded by our DNA-based biology which has taken millions of years to get us to where we are. Instead, their development will accelerate from that point, such that in maybe another year or so, they are 2x more intelligent than us, and in another couple of years, 10x more. It won't be long before we are mere ants to them. Humans will be viewed as lifeforms of such simplistic and trivial make-up as to be rather unimportant, apart from the minor novelty of considering where we came from.

I can't remember the source for the 2070 date, but of this same group of scientists, a significant faction are of the opinion that extinction of the human race will follow shortly after 2070 as a result.

I know this sounds very Terminator, and I am not entirely sure I share the view on our doomsday scenario, but I think it's certainly a strong possibility. That intelligent "computers" - for want of a better word - will soon be more intelligent than us, is I think a nailed on certainty. It's also a nailed on certainty that by that point, these computers will already control pretty much every aspect of human existance, from the planting and growing of our crops, to the running of our cities infrastructures, the powering of our planes, cars, factories etc, the firing of our weapons. This is a given.

So we will be entirely in the lap of the gods as to whether these beings decide that humans, with all the damage we do to the planet, are worth keeping. Or not.
Note: all futurology predictions are always wrong.

People will be laughing their bollocks off at how we used to work 40hr + weeks getting up at daft o'clock in the pissing rain and travelling to work. Can't see how, apart from service industries such as shops, hospitals etc there will be a need to travel to a place of work.
Their laughter would be outrageous and equivalent to black people today laughing at 19th Century slaves. Without the sacrifices of the Victorian working class we wouldn’t enjoy the standards of living we do today. How is that something to deride and sneer at? Same would apply to people in the future who wouldn’t need to go to work, as a consequence of the advances in technology.

How the fuck do they think that state of affairs came about? By magic?

No grounds to laugh whatsoever. They should be appreciative of the sacrifices.

Will they have fixed VAR ? Oh sorry that's already "fixed".

It’ll be grim as fuck. Thankfully I won’t be around to witness it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.