Do you want Tevez to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlos Tevez [Merged]

Dubai Blue said:
Scooby Blue said:
In his post-match interview David Platt (who has a better command of English than Mancini and was presumably close to everything that happened) noticeably refused to be drawn on backing up Mancini's version of events.
This may have been just through a common sense desire to keep a lid on things, but it may reflect an acknowledgement that Roberto had slightly exaggerated / misstated the extent of Tevez's "refusal to play".
"We are not going to lie. What happened happened," said the former England skipper.

To me, that is Platt 100% backing Mancini's version of events.

I'm not good at the embedding video thing, but go to Sky sports website + check out the actual interview with Platt.

He refers EXPLICITLY to Tevez "refusing to warm up" not Tevez "refusing to play". In Mancini's eyes, and maybe to everyone on this forum, this amounts to the same thing...but it isn't.

I am NOT trying to let Tevez off the hook for his disrespectful conduct, but I do think the lynch mob need to be in full posession of the facts before we burn him at the stake.

As has already been pointed out, I was not on the bench but I think the timeline may have gone something like this:

1) RM to coaching staff: "Tell Tevez to warm up"
2) Tevez to coaching staff "No ..not going to...don't need to"
3) RM to Tevez : rant along the lines of "F***k do what i F****g say"
or maybe "F**k you , I'm the F****G manager...you will never F***g play for me ever again" (In Italian / English which Tevez gets the gist of)
4) Not clear if 2nd attempt made to get Tevez on pitch / or if Tevez responds along the lines of "no-one F***G talks to me like that ...so F***k you as well..I don't want to play anyway for your F****G team" (In Spanish which RM gets the gist of)
5) RM now so incensed that Tevez no longer an option to be brought on as sub.

There is enough in above version for
i) RM to claim that Tevez refused to play
ii) Tevez to point out that he refused to warm up (insubordinate)...but was prepared to play until RM "lost it" with him.

I think in football parlance that's just semantics. "get warmed up" is synonymous with "you're coming on".

solley attwell said:
Last night was a big occasion for the club.Our first away game in the champs league. It was 'OUR NIGHT'. Yet it was ruined by a selfish self centered bastard, so NO. However we should let him rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract as a future deterrent for any would be rebels in the future

Totally agree, or loan him out to Stockport or Macclesfield, where there are no state of the art training facilities, no state of the art fitness equipment just honest to goodness football where the players play for the love of the game.

Having arrived home at 3.15 am from Munich and just got out of bed I, even in my darkest moments, cannot believe that anyone would ask should we keep this self serving, selfish, disgraceful individual. Our club is bigger than him or any other person.

NEVER, EVER, EVER should he play for us again, NEVER, EVER, EVER should we even consider anything except sueing him for breach of contract and bringing our club into disrepute.

Rarely do I get angry, as an ex-teacher I can pretend to be angry, but today I am absolutely raging mad.

Once again, just my humble opinion. But as one who was receiving text messages in Munich telling me what was going on, from the third level of that stadium you cannot see the bench properly, you may be able to understand my bewilderment and anger that anyone could bring our club into such disrepute. But even more bewilderment that any fan could say we should keep him.

p.s. I have not read every post on this topic but thanks to those who say no he should go.

Re: "I wasn't feeling good, physically or mentally"

Carstairs said:
I'm not feeling good physically or mentally either today.

Still got to do my job though.

I'm six decades into my support for MCFC, and there's been more than three or four decades when I've not been of sound mind and body. He's an arse, an' I've just put a poker on the hob. Come round for a cup of tea, Carlos, I've a wee surprise for yer.

Scooby Blue said:
Dubai Blue said:
Scooby Blue said:
In his post-match interview David Platt (who has a better command of English than Mancini and was presumably close to everything that happened) noticeably refused to be drawn on backing up Mancini's version of events.
This may have been just through a common sense desire to keep a lid on things, but it may reflect an acknowledgement that Roberto had slightly exaggerated / misstated the extent of Tevez's "refusal to play".
"We are not going to lie. What happened happened," said the former England skipper.

To me, that is Platt 100% backing Mancini's version of events.

I'm not good at the embedding video thing, but go to Sky sports website + check out the actual interview with Platt.

He refers EXPLICITLY to Tevez "refusing to warm up" not Tevez "refusing to play". In Mancini's eyes, and maybe to everyone on this forum, this amounts to the same thing...but it isn't.

I am NOT trying to let Tevez off the hook for his disrespectful conduct, but I do think the lynch mob need to be in full posession of the facts before we burn him at the stake.

As has already been pointed out, I was not on the bench but I think the timeline may have gone something like this:

1) RM to coaching staff: "Tell Tevez to warm up"
2) Tevez to coaching staff "No ..not going to...don't need to"
3) RM to Tevez : rant along the lines of "F***k do what i F****g say"
or maybe "F**k you , I'm the F****G manager...you will never F***g play for me ever again" (In Italian / English which Tevez gets the gist of)
4) Not clear if 2nd attempt made to get Tevez on pitch / or if Tevez responds along the lines of "no-one F***G talks to me like that ...so F***k you as well..I don't want to play anyway for your F****G team" (In Spanish which RM gets the gist of)
5) RM now so incensed that Tevez no longer an option to be brought on as sub.

There is enough in above version for
i) RM to claim that Tevez refused to play
ii) Tevez to point out that he refused to warm up (insubordinate)...but was prepared to play until RM "lost it" with him.
Johny cochran wouldn`t get him off this.
So you may as well stop trying now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.