Does anybody feel “different” since Istanbul?

I'm still trying to process it..its not sunk in..but I do feel a calmness

After nearly 60 years of mostly football misery, honestly, now a Zen-like calm. I have a few personal things to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil, but on the football side, I am done. If City don't win anything again, I am happy. Would be nice to win some more stuff as well though.

One more monkey off the back - a victory against the PL charges (in the unlikely event it concludes during the next 12 months). It will feel like a trophy in itself...other trophies would be a bonus ;)

I’ve said this to a few people since coming home.

Since getting back I feel completely different. Not like a weight has been lifted per se, but an innate weird feeling like the pinnacle has been reached. Maybe along the lines of “What next?” Or “Nothing will ever top this.”

Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know. But in someways it’s like I feel completely differently towards everything. I blame Nevizade and its capturing of souls on that Friday and Saturday night.
What separates the great from legends is that legends never feel they have reached the pinnacle. There is always another goal to be reached. The next few years will determine if all associated with the club are satiated and content to bask in glory. This of course would be fully understandable. On the other hand there may still be the desire to continue the drive forward. Win back to back European titles or secure the magical four in a row. Personally I will die happy whatever happens.

I can’t explain it but I feel like something has changed within me towards city. I find myself feeling more and more detached from the club as the days go on. It’s a very strange feeling and I think it’s partly because it feels very much like job done and what now but I also can’t ignore i do feel the club/players are as far removed from the fans as ever before.

Hopefully the fire comes back

Great post OP - I am in full agreement.

It was such a special season for many reasons but I have felt weird ever since I landed back from Turkey.

I think my soul is still somewhere along nevizade lying to rest in my happy place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.