Does anybody feel “different” since Istanbul?

It certainly feels like a weight has been lifted, and I’m not sure anything will top the highs of last season. Istanbul was one of the best weekends of my life. Obviously I want further success, but I feel more at ease with whatever happens in the coming seasons having experienced those highs.

Maybe along the lines of “What next?” Or “Nothing will ever top this.”
That is understandable, and it is also why I am feeling numb by the lack of changes in the summer market so far. We can’t ask the same players in the same squad make up to climb those same high mountains with the same energy; they’re just not going to do it. I can even see it in advance: they get to the business end of the season and start saving energy for the Euros as they have already proven themselves in 22/23.

We’re not owed anything by football gods, not even a top 4 spot, or a guaranteed CL knockout round qualification. If you look at the two finalists in the previous Champions League: Real Madrid had been La Liga champions and CL winners, finished ten points behind Barcelona, got humiliated by us with their decadent midfield and scraped a win the domestic cup final; Liverpool had finished one point behind us, won two domestic cups and CL finalists, and finished outside the top 4.

Hilariously, the only signing we have made so far is a 29 year-old guy who has not one, but four CL medals, albeit not contributing much to them. But how motivated will he be remains a mystery.

I am at a point where I want every single player talked about with an offer to leave — Bernardo, Mahrez, Walker, Laporte, Phillips (especially). Some of them, particularly Bernardo, will hurt, but he’s wanted his move for so long. It seems the club needs to be forced into a situation of bringing in new blood and hunger, even if some ideal targets have already been signed for elsewhere.

I am far more afraid of nothing changing than too much change, looking at next season. I keep reading, “I am prepared for us to not win anything next season!” Well, I’m not. We have two seasons left with Pep, and throwing one of those away because of complacency would be a huge mistake.

I want to win the fourth PL in a row, something that hasn’t been done. I want us to join the club of clubs that have won two CLs in a row. And everything else! It would be a disservice to waste the pull that Pep has in bringing in certain players now when next summer, with one year left, it’s going to be a harder job convincing some of the top drawer names. Not to mention that we could be hit with a transfer ban in a year or two, so we should be prepared for that as well.

Ultimately, I want next season to be as much a challenge and new and exciting for us as it should be for the players. That’s what should be next.

I’ll feel different when I’m at a CL knock out game next season and there’s not the ridiculous amount of pressure to win.

Maybe this will surprise some but securing the treble was behind the 2012 and 2022 title wins for me. Obviously the Aguero moment is historic and was our first title in 44 years but coming from 2-0 vs Villa and scoring 3 goals in like 5 minutes was the next best feeling I’ve had supporting City. There’s just something special about coming back when all looked loss.

I was emotional at the final whistle vs Inter and obviously very happy but there was also a small part of me moving on to our next battle - vs the Premier League. This is bigger than the treble and I think it’s going to be a blood bath. I’m really struggling to not worry about it if I’m being honest, as it’s clear they want to smear our achievements and until it’s over I won’t be able to relax and enjoy the football in the same way.

Feels like you can retire from watching City. Then you think, 4 leagues in a row and 3 chumps in a row might be nice!!!

I feel city will be different now in Champions League, a bit like Real Madrid. The fees of never winning it has gone and I think the next final we play , it’ll be more confidence and an easier watch. I hope for st least the last two seasons we have with Pep that we win it again in a manor our play and dominance over the past few years deserves.

There's an article in the recent WSC where a City fan says his relationship with the club has changed. - Can't remember if he means since the 115 charges or since the takeover.
However I'm just delighted we've put a smile on so may faces while simultaneously showing up the cry-baby clubs and their arse-licking friends in the media.
My main regret is re-retiring at the end of May as I'd have loved the Monday morning banter after Wembley and Istanbul.

I guess I do in a way.

Feel alot calmer, happy, and I couldnt give a shit what the press/media say.
I dont know what the coverage is like because I dont watch or read the football press/media. The headlines I see are that every player that signs for the dippers or rags is better than any of our players lol.

I was surprised how many fans of other clubs have said they are pleased we did the treble. Just shows how much other fans hate the rags still.

I never thought I would see this City, never, it's a dream.

I feel so confident in our owner, he has delivered his promise and than some. East Manchester looks so different now.

Yes I feel different but cant really put it into words.

I just feel so proud of our club, so proud of being born a manc, so proud my dad and grandads were mancs and blue, so proud to have the worlds best owner, the worlds best manager and the worlds best team.

We are City .......have it !! And you can stick your 115 charges up your arse you jealous janks. The best thing the pl ever did it brought us fans the club the team together even more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.