Does anybody feel “different” since Istanbul?

I fucking do
the wife hasn't spoke to me since I booked to go after beating madrid.

small mercies an all
I’m getting the “Well you spent £££ on a football match” quite a lot. Just doesn’t get it. I said “yeah, best money I’ve ever spent” which didn’t go down well !

On the question. Yes pretty chilled and summit reached for me. I will probably change my mind and be like a bear with a sore head when we draw at Crystal Palace!

When Alexander The Great saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.
Nice. And prompts the reminder from Kipling about the fall of empires:
"Lo, all our pomp of yesterday
Is one with Nineveh and Tyre."

So, yes, I too had a "take me now God .." moment, though to be fair I also had one after the 2011 Cup Final, Aguerooo, Brighton away, & Villa at home. And Lancs winning the County Championship. Maybe He won't listen till the Mets win the World Series.

I’ve said this to a few people since coming home.

Since getting back I feel completely different. Not like a weight has been lifted per se, but an innate weird feeling like the pinnacle has been reached. Maybe along the lines of “What next?” Or “Nothing will ever top this.”

Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know. But in someways it’s like I feel completely differently towards everything. I blame Nevizade and its capturing of souls on that Friday and Saturday night.

Couldn’t agree with you more fella & I would gander a guess a fair few
Blues feel exactly the same.

We could indeed win another treble or even the unprecedented quadruple but I suspect last season’s triumphs will stay with us till our graves.

You’re right after getting over the line in Istanbul, I wasn’t the only one who broke down with relief as well as tears of joy.

Then onto the infamous Nevizade street where I met loads of like minded Blues who were great fun even the days prior to the match.

For better or worse Istanbul will certainly hold a place in my heart as a City supporter.

I can also predict having a large smile on my face well into my twilight years whenever I hear either Fleetwood Mac’s Everywhere tune or Boney M’s Daddy Cool.

The latter was jovially played on the Turkish airline flight’s PA system by a cheeky young Blue half way to Istanbul.

After returning to these shores I’m still emotionally exhausted but content & extremely chilled about all things City most likely reaching its pinnacle as you put it.

Outsiders may hit us with further charges or rival supporters with snide & bitter remarks but they can never take away last season’s roller coast ride of fun filled memories & emotions.

I didn’t go to the game but definitely feel great after finally winning old big ears…! Weight off the shoulders and a real sense of achievement.. I will be happy whatever comes next.

I think there will be a lot more success before I join the King in kippax heaven..

I’m getting the “Well you spent £££ on a football match” quite a lot. Just doesn’t get it. I said “yeah, best money I’ve ever spent” which didn’t go down well !
I said the same to my mrs, best money I'v ever spent, told her it'll be the same next season if we're there,only london mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.