Does anybody on here play cricket ??

mcfc_die_hard

I am just wondering if anybody else on this forum plays cricket because i play for Rochdale cc and play at high standards like the league team under 18's and 2nd team and also represented greater manchester in the LCB under 16's festival.

So i was just wondering if anyone has played or still plays and where do you play ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGtGTh1DV3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGtGTh1DV3g</a>

mcfc_die_hard said:
I am just wondering if anybody else on this forum plays cricket because i play for Rochdale cc and play at high standards like the league team under 18's and 2nd team and also represented greater manchester in the LCB under 16's festival.

So i was just wondering if anyone has played or still plays and where do you play ?

used to open the batting for many years for Bacup CC in the Lancashire League

Used to attempt to play for Stockport in the Central Lancs League years ago.
Used to think I was medium-quick.
Then I faced Michael Holding & Wayne Daniel in the nets.
After a change of underwear,I decided I was slow-medium.
Would defo be up for a BM cricket match if we could find enough like-minded fools though.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Would defo be up for a BM cricket match if we could find enough like-minded fools though.

This is the problem with club cricket, you get off to a good start to the season nudging afew singles, hitting the odd boundary and making a respectable average. Then you have a cup game against a decent side who has an aging average county player. Next thing you know your middle stumps 20 yards away and you realise you'll never be any good. It's a game of disappointment but it's just too addictive.

dannybcity said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:

This is the problem with club cricket, you get off to a good start to the season nudging afew singles, hitting the odd boundary and making a respectable average. Then you have a cup game against a decent side who has an aging average county player. Next thing you know your middle stumps 20 yards away and you realise you'll never be any good. It's a game of disappointment but it's just too addictive.

In a nutshell,danny.
Remember when we skittled Littleborough for 55 at Stockport,thinking the jobs a good 'un.
Then Colin Croft comes on in fading light,takes 8 for 12 and puts our captain in Stepping Hill Hospital.
Pro players should not be allowed to bat.
Or bowl.
Or field.

I have played against bacup a few times :) and Rochdale have had some good pro's for instance we had Lou Vincent a couple of years ago and i have never seen anyone hit a ball further and we had ryan hinds aswell and he is top notch the best pro in the league he turns that ball miles and is top with the bat :)

Captained Cumbria Schoolboys (first ever U11 captain a good 11 years ago now :) ), got up to North of England standard, training with some of the Lancs Youth at Old Trafford; was told by Peter Martin and Richard Green i'd play for England.

That never happened... bastards. Oh and i decided to run into the scoreboard and break both my arms a few years ago... don't think that helped!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.