Does anybody on here play cricket ??

The thing that i love about cricket is that if you have a bit of talent then if you work hard enough then you can make yourself so much better.

Like if i see K.P play a shot i will spend all day in the nets trying to master the exact same shot. Obviously am nothing like like K.P lol but i have improved my game so much and i find it easier if you try to model yourself of someone and really try to master the shots that you want to play.

GStar said:
Captained Cumbria Schoolboys (first ever U11 captain a good 11 years ago now :) ), got up to North of England standard, training with some of the Lancs Youth at Old Trafford; was told by Peter Martin and Richard Green i'd play for England.

That never happened... bastards. Oh and i decided to run into the scoreboard and break both my arms a few years ago... don't think that helped!

GSTAR - depending how old you are do you remeber a lad called David Gandy at Lancs?

dannybcity said:
GStar said:
Captained Cumbria Schoolboys (first ever U11 captain a good 11 years ago now :) ), got up to North of England standard, training with some of the Lancs Youth at Old Trafford; was told by Peter Martin and Richard Green i'd play for England.

Of threesome fame I assume?

Played for Lancahsire, was never as prominent as Lloyd, Crawley, Fairbrother, Austin, Akram etc

Or, have i just missed a joke there?

GStar said:
dannybcity said:
GStar said:

Played for Lancahsire, was never as prominent as Lloyd, Crawley, Fairbrother, Austin, Akram etc

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Green_(cricketer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Green_(cricketer</a>)

It would appear so, we played him whilst this was going on, got all kinds of stick for it.

TonyGrealishstache said:
GStar said:

That never happened... bastards. Oh and i decided to run into the scoreboard and break both my arms a few years ago... don't think that helped!

GSTAR - depending how old you are do you remeber a lad called David Gandy at Lancs?

I'm 22 mate. I don't remember too many from Lancs, we played them twice and there was a few at the North of England set up. I could describe a few of them but perhaps not know thier names.

dannybcity said:
GStar said:
dannybcity said:
GStar said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Green_(cricketer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Green_(cricketer</a>)

It would appear so, we played him whilst this was going on, got all kinds of stick for it.

Hahahahaha... Fantastic. I have to go out, but i'll keep an eye on this thread when i'm back tonight.

GStar said:
TonyGrealishstache said:
GStar said:

I'm 22 mate. I don't remember too many from Lancs, we played them twice and there was a few at the North of England set up. I could describe a few of them but perhaps not know thier names.

Nah mate he'd be long gone - late 30's now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.