Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.
The trouble is he is compared to the excellent Clichy.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.

Maybe the Panel on Question Time,Thu night would care to debate this?Can we get it to the Beeb in time?

oakiecokie said:
The biggest NO in the world.Shite and I don`t think as a player I can disuss anything positive about the lad.The odd free kick may go in,but thats about it.

Everytime he starts I say to myself "Kolarov is playing-we are fucked" and 99% of the time I am right. I'd love to know the actual stats of us winning when he starts.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm --<br /><br />
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.

You can't be serious-seriously???

His first season was really bad and that has set the tone for his City career. I think he improved a little bit in the past 2 seasons, but I still wouldn't feel good about him being the starting left back. Clichy is miles better.

I remember the time he played on the wing in the derby and he was shocking. Don't think he's even that great at attacking, just got a powerful shot, good free kicks and good crossing. No tricks and no pace.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
oakiecokie said:
The biggest NO in the world.Shite and I don`t think as a player I can disuss anything positive about the lad.The odd free kick may go in,but thats about it.

Everytime he starts I say to myself "Kolarov is playing-we are fucked" and 99% of the time I am right. I'd love to know the actual stats of us winning when he starts.

-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

You can't be serious-seriously???

I can't remember a player who has played for us with a left foot as good as him.

If he hadn't have scored the equaliser against Sunderland in the 3-3, we would have never won the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.