Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Is a very good attacking full-back particularly against weaker opposition at home. A valuable member of the squad in the title winning year. Scored some crackers and some of his crosses for goals were pretty special. Yes I do rate him. Clichy is quicker, sharper and better defensively without doubt but I've seen a lot worse than Kolarov in the last 35 years.

Going forward he is considerably better than Clichy. As defending isn't our priority in most games - breaking down parked bus defences is, I reckon Kolarov is the better option for most games.

Skashion said:
Going forward he is considerably better than Clichy. As defending isn't our priority in most games - breaking down parked bus defences is, I reckon Kolarov is the better option for most games.

Very much this.

He's nowhere near as bad as some of the KFA's on here make him out to be. But there again he aint top quality which is what we really need right now & going forward. BUT, he does have quality & it's ridiculous to say he hasn't. So, Clichy all day for me as first choice but as back-up I don't have much of a problem with AK.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The things yer want from a FULL BACK are what Zab brings on the pitch. So that's a no from me!

My wife and son agree with you. But what do they know!!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The things yer want from a FULL BACK are what Zab brings on the pitch. So that's a no from me!
Zabaleta is far from the perfect full back. We could do much, much worse than him, but he is still poor going forwards.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Skashion said:

Very much this.
errrr ..... he's a full back, and the first priority for a full back is to be able to defend.

Honestly,
No.

Very slow to react, poor positioning a lot of the time and generally just isn't a full back.

I will say that he doesn't shirk a tackle and will get stuck in, has a wonderful left foot if it comes off (If it doesn't you really do wonder how he plays football) and seems a genuine bloke.

If I was in charge I would sell him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.