Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

shadowyu said:
Kolarov needs to play for us whenever we play opposition that doesn't feature potent right wingers and especially if that opposition will defend most of the game. Clichy offers little to nothing going forward.

this is bang on the money. each player has their own attributes and kolo is effective moving forward against weaker teams, and when we are dominating possession.

i have read through this thread and i am embarrassed by the obvious hatred for a guy i find lively and funny, just because he isnt the best left back ever. he contributes, and the coaches appear to rate his presence in the team.

this whole thread is an embarrassment to the forum and an insult to the club and player. fans are fucking wankers sometimes.

burning blue soul said:
shadowyu said:
Kolarov needs to play for us whenever we play opposition that doesn't feature potent right wingers and especially if that opposition will defend most of the game. Clichy offers little to nothing going forward.

this is bang on the money. each player has their own attributes and kolo is effective moving forward against weaker teams, and when we are dominating possession.

i have read through this thread and i am embarrassed by the obvious hatred for a guy i find lively and funny, just because he isnt the best left back ever. he contributes, and the coaches appear to rate his presence in the team.

this whole thread is an embarrassment to the forum and an insult to the club and player. fans are fucking wankers sometimes.
only problem is Kolarov seems to struggle against the most average of right wingers and what if Clichy gets an injury/suspension and we have to play Kolarov against top quality opposition?

NoahCity said:
burning blue soul said:
shadowyu said:

only problem is Kolarov seems to struggle against the most average of right wingers and what if Clichy gets an injury/suspension and we have to play Kolarov against top quality opposition?

What if Evra gets injured and that shite Fabio has to play? What if Jose Enrique is injured and Johnson has to play left back? Rose, Monreal, and Bertrand are decent back ups for the three cockney clubs but Kolarov is still better than them all (Gibbs and Ekotto as well).

kolarov is fantastic when attacking. defensively he's not as good as clichy.

he needs to be used as an LM not LB.

johnbmcr said:
George Hannah said:
He was outstanding until that unfortunate ankle injury at Whitehart Lane on his debut....
'

he should be over that by now shurely?

He's played 50odd matches since so you'd have thought so! Hahahaa<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 pm --<br /><br />Come on Galatasaray, take him off our hands.

bluethunder said:
kolarov is fantastic when attacking. defensively he's not as good as clichy.

he needs to be used as an LM not LB.
He'd be worse in midfield. He has a great left foot but needs time and space to use it. He's no good in tight spaces.

I think his problem comes from us never playing with a left winger. Defensively he doesn't have much natural back-up (unlike the right-back who often has Milner in front), given he's not mobile it leads to a big problem. Plus he's often the only player attacking down the left side, there's no winger to drag defenders away and since he can't really take players on and beat them, and ends up going backwards.

I think in a system that suited him, he'd be a pretty useful player, but our system under Mancini often left him alone and exposed, he couldn't use his abilities and his weakness were highlighted.

£ for £ the worst left back I've seen at city in the 33 years I've been watching them! We've had others who were as bad as Kolarov but none of them cost £17 million! He is a defender who can't be arsed defending, if he showed as much effort in our half as he does the opposition half, he'd still be shit, but at least you couldn't fault his desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.