Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

rodziak said:
not good enough to play for Manchester City
Edited for you :)
In my book he offers something Clichy doesn't so as a back up or in a different system he more than deserves a place in the squad.

Personally I think Kolarov has ability. BUT, I would much rather see a player with less ability that actually wants to show the ability that he's got. I would sell him at any cost and bring in a young, hungry left back in the mould of Clichy. Sick of hearing people clutching at straws saying he can shoot or take set pieces a) hes a left back b) no he cant....

If we can get £6million for a fringe player earning £90,000/week and who has made so little impression in 3 seasons, we should be taking it IMO, especially considering how stringent the men in charge are becoming with wages. This time next year we'll not be able to command much of a fee because he'll only have 1 year left.

There ARE left-backs out there who could offer as much and probably more than Kolarov and who wouldn't cost a bomb. Even if we did pay more for a replacement, the saving on wages would probably be huge. Oczipka was great for Eintracht in the Bundesliga last season and is close to a Germany call-up - would only cost £4million to £6million given the numbers touted. Just turned down Sunderland because he'd prefer a bigger club. Or homegrown - Ben Davies.

Don't think he was too bad. Pretty good skill beating two players and put it on a plate for Nasri who had all day to shoot but tried the impossible pass instead.

Going forward he is a reasonably good player. His ability from dead ball situations and his shooting are an asset to the team but it ends there I'm afraid imho.

He lacks pace and unfortunately he's been worked out. Other teams know he is a weakness. He gets targetted more often than not and he has been at fault because the lad just can't defend.

Unless we go for some real competition like Baines then we should be looking to get a young lad in with real talent who can actually defend. I'm all ears, who can replace him?

He's alright, but his deficiencies really stand out in our team.

All the abuse is way over the top and just unnecessary, same as with Dzeko.

Kolarov needs to play for us whenever we play opposition that doesn't feature potent right wingers and especially if that opposition will defend most of the game. Clichy offers little to nothing going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.