Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Not really, apart for an occasional shot that goes on target once in a blue moon he is a shocking player.

McFcMiKe7 said:
Not really, apart for an occasional shot that goes on target once in a blue moon he is a shocking player.

shocking player ? really ?

you do realize he scored 5 goals and made 4 assists last season ? is that bad for a left back ?

if he was so shit, Juventus wouldn't be interested in him.

bluethunder said:
McFcMiKe7 said:

you do realize he scored 5 goals and made 4 assists last season ? is that bad for a left back ?

Not really arsed with stats if I'm honest with you, especially attacking based stats. Whenever he plays for us he is just the obvious weak link. He is slow, can't defend to save his life and going forward he isn't as good as people give him credit for. He seems to have this reputation over in Italy that he is some wonderful left back which is why I imagine Mancini wanted him and why mainly Italian teams want him.

McFcMiKe7 said:
bluethunder said:
McFcMiKe7 said:

Not really arsed with stats if I'm honest with you,

might as well go to sleep then.

bluethunder said:
McFcMiKe7 said:

[bigimg]http://forzaitalianfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Bendtner.jpg[/bigimg]

FantasyIreland said:
geoff hammond said:
Suppose we are are spoilt these days and someone has to take the flack.

Its not a case of being spoilt geoff,thats bollocks.

We are operating on a completely different level now,one which is beyond the ability of Kolarov,and one or two others in our squad,thats the reality if we want to achieve our ambitions.

Wow..What is going on. Another post I am in 100% agreement with you on.
Last season when we played at Everton,as soon as his name was announced on the team sheet I feared the worst and the rest as they say is history. He simply cannot defend in my opinion. Yes he can cross a ball and has a decent shot but is that what we are paying him 90 plus k per week for. I really hope Clichy doesn't get injured because Kolarov is simply not good enough.

FantasyIreland said:
geoff hammond said:

We are operating on a completely different level now,one which is beyond the ability of Kolarov,and one or two others in our squad,thats the reality if we want to achieve our ambitions.

As I said in my post (but you didn't quote) - he is not up to scratch at the level we are at.

My opinion is that we are spoilt as city fans. That's why players like him are slagged off when he would get in most premier league sides.

There have been many worse fullbacks for city in the past (Geoff Hammond being one of them).

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
FantasyIreland said:
geoff hammond said:

Wow..What is going on. Another post I am in 100% agreement with you on.
Last season when we played at Everton,as soon as his name was announced on the team sheet I feared the worst and the rest as they say is history. He simply cannot defend in my opinion. Yes he can cross a ball and has a decent shot but is that what we are paying him 90 plus k per week for. I really hope Clichy doesn't get injured because Kolarov is simply not good enough.
Paying him too much without a doubt but I'm for giving it a few games in the new manager's system. Some players improve just for a change of formation.
I remember when Mancini took over, richards, zab and even komps were underachieving and many on here would have seen them sold.
I'm giving kolarov and dzeko a fresh start for now and seeing what happens but if they are sold then so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.