Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

pee dubya said:
bluethunder said:
kolarov is fantastic when attacking. defensively he's not as good as clichy.

he needs to be used as an LM not LB.
He'd be worse in midfield. He has a great left foot but needs time and space to use it. He's no good in tight spaces.

I think his problem comes from us never playing with a left winger. Defensively he doesn't have much natural back-up (unlike the right-back who often has Milner in front), given he's not mobile it leads to a big problem. Plus he's often the only player attacking down the left side, there's no winger to drag defenders away and since he can't really take players on and beat them, and ends up going backwards.

I think in a system that suited him, he'd be a pretty useful player, but our system under Mancini often left him alone and exposed, he couldn't use his abilities and his weakness were highlighted.

he'd do very well at juventus, in a 3-5-2 formation. there's some reports that juventus is interested but City refuse to sell him.

Kolarov has annoyed me many a time and like a lot of others have slated him however if you step back and chill out you realise hes our back up left back then hes not that bad, your not going to find many back up left backs better than him, maybe a young prospect who is willing to play back up to clichy however your not going to find many better established left backs than AK who are willing to play second fiddle to clichy.

kompany10 said:
Kolarov has annoyed me many a time and like a lot of others have slated him however if you step back and chill out you realise hes our back up left back then hes not that bad, your not going to find many back up left backs better than him, maybe a young prospect who is willing to play back up to clichy however your not going to find many better established left backs than AK who are willing to play second fiddle to clichy.
Agree. Luke Shaw would be a good buy.

Our FBs are virtually used as wide forwards so it makes little difference. Kolarov has been used in advanced positions but it doesn't work. His final ball is so dangerous and he's a huge goal threat but he's so uncomfortable on the ball; everything he does is telegraphed and unless you can get him in behind the back four and take away his time to think I don't think he's any use whatsoever. Decent enough second choice LB, and it seems he's a great personality to have in the dressing room, but that's all he'll ever be. If he wants to leave, let him go and bring in Luke Shaw instead.

mancunial said:
bluethunder said:
kolarov is fantastic when attacking. defensively he's not as good as clichy.

he needs to be used as an LM not LB.
THIS about time
Yeah, because what we lacked in pace and width last season we can find the solution in Kolarov...

A decent player but not a player you can rely on as a first team regular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.