Does anyone else feel like this?

But you can still buy a space on a game by game basis if you know you always want one. Just have to be quick off the mark. I’ve always managed to get one in the blue car park
Yes... I know but I'm fucking busy and its an extra thing I needed to remember to do. Plus its much more expensive paying game by game. The season ticket parking was quite cheap per game if you did all the home matches, as I did.

Maybe not a big deal for everyone but for me it was an incremental problem that added to the chaos of getting out of the ground after games meant I just passed a point where I thought, fuck this.

There are already laws in place regarding reselling football tickets. It is against the law to sell them on at any price, even below face value , unless you have the authority of the issuing club.

Make of that what you will.
But that law only applies to companies in the UK. There's nothing you can do if a ticket reseller is outside the UK.

There's a large overlap between people who whinge about "tourists" and the people who whinge about ID checks. When I was on City Matters I used to ask people to give me seat numbers and only 1 person ever did.

I very much doubt the club is complicit in shifting significant numbers of tickets to dodgy resellers. But I have heard stories of people, either general admission or hospitality, selling tickets to pay for their season tickets.

Last edited:
But the games sell out & the lucky buyers go & sing their hearts out. It’s annoying to miss out but it’s not as if those there are all sitting taking photos
Oh so 40 years loyalty means nowt, as long those who've got tickets don't take selfies???!!!

Ok!

Unfortunately the club do no longer want the 30/40 year match going fans as they don’t spend hundreds of pounds in the club shop so it suits them to sell them to the tourists who do. The price of success
This is the truth of the situation, City would be quietly delighted if all the 30/40 year veterans stopped going.
I got an eye opener the Friday evening before the derby. I bought a picture online, and did click and collect from the stadium shop, it’s very unusual that I buy merchandise, but it was a treble picture. I went at 17.30 and the shop was utterly hammered, and excepting the staff I was probably the only Manc in there, and whilst waiting I was watching person after person spend literally hundreds of quid. If you are a business, you want those tourists as your customer, not me. I don’t like it, but if I’m totally honest, I understand it.

Fucking he'll ??

It's the time of our lives and I'm 73.

Some people are bloody hard to please
Well said mate

So glad to see this thread - all those that want to moan and not appreciate how good life is as a CITY fan can do it in here

I am 66 and have never had it so good - travelling to lots of new places to see CITY - watching great football

Of course there is a 'cost' and 'consequences' - I go to most away games and look around thinking - how the fuck did they get tickets??

But I would not swap the experiences of these last years - which I never thought I would see

Last edited:
Why didn’t the people who are disenfranchised make their tickets available for yesterday’s game?

If you went did you try to get behind the lads for the full 100 minutes?

I grt the frustration about allocations / touts but surely there were enough diehards there to generate a better atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.