Does anyone else feel like this?

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/ , https://www.footballticketnet.com/ , https://ticket-compare.com/are just three sites that claim to have tickets available for all our remaining away games including Brighton which doesn't even have a date yet. How the fuck does that even happen. I have said before that in some cases they try and source tickets once they have a buyer but the more tourists we see at games the more it makes you wonder if they have the tickets guaranteed to them by the club.
I suspect that those sites do not have tickets. If someone buys tickets from them, they will obtain them.

With Bobby Charlton no longer around, who knows where they come from?

Just reading through pages and would take me ages to reply to posters who I want to reply to, By the way this isn't a dig at anyone it's just a genuine question.

So if you were to give up going to football as in matchdays, Also alot on here "knocking it on the head at the end of the season"...

Is it a case of, Giving up Matchdays only...

OR

Knocking football on the head completely?

In my case, I'm falling out of love with the game as a whole. It's not the game I grew up watching back in the 70s and 80s. VAR, playacting from players, media favouritism towards the red tops and constant negativity towards us. It wears you down. Plus, at the very elite level, it's as much a business as it is a sport these days. I will NEVER not love City, though. They were my local club when I was a young 'un growing up on Claremont Road in the 70s. That affinity will never leave me.
Yeah I'll always love city.
But I really dislike football especially premier league.
The players earn obscene amounts to basically cheat and roll around.
Add in var.
Tourists.
The cost .
Half and half twats and morons taking videos on selfie sticks

Blimey, Marple Tavern (Otters Pool in old money) brings back a few memories, especially if you remember one of the previous landlords "Taguey" and his 15 minutes of Maine Road fame v Bury in 98
I'm sort-of opposite to you, in that I was born, bred, and educated in Marple, but now live in Hazel Grove after living in Whaley Bridge for almost 40 years.

Strangely, as the crowds were often considerably lower there used to be a Bullocks Coach from Marple to Maine Road that ran for almost 40 years. It picked-up outside the old Nat West Bank on Stockport Road and dropped off at Finglands Garage next to the old Birch Villa on Wilmslow Road.
Ironically, Bullocks don't seem interested now that the crowds have doubled.
Only lived here for around 8 years so not familiar with the old landlord. Only been in the pub a handful of times to be honest.

Plenty of blues still around the area and the majority of kids are in blue shirts.

In my case, I'm falling out of love with the game as a whole. It's not the game I grew up watching back in the 70s and 80s. VAR, playacting from players, media favouritism towards the red tops and constant negativity towards us. It wears you down. Plus, at the very elite level, it's as much a business as it is a sport these days. I will NEVER not love City, though. They were my local club when I was a young 'un growing up on Claremont Road in the 70s. That affinity will never leave me.
Never had you down as a Rusholme Ruffian.

I think this thread should be renamed to - Are You Getting Old?
I think you’ve nailed it GD.
All things change and change is often painful because we all want the things we love and have enjoyed to stay as they once were. It’s not just with City, but most (if not all) things in life. I’m an FOC and I don’t like it but have to accept it as it’s better than the alternative.

We are the legacy fans now, remembrr

Everything we used to joke about United being we have now become.

I will always love City but my enjoyment of match days has long gone
I thought there were far fewer tourists at the Derby, as most seasoncard holders went rather than putting tickets for sale.

Blimey, Marple Tavern (Otters Pool in old money) brings back a few memories, especially if you remember one of the previous landlords "Taguey" and his 15 minutes of Maine Road fame v Bury in 98
I'm sort-of opposite to you, in that I was born, bred, and educated in Marple, but now live in Hazel Grove after living in Whaley Bridge for almost 40 years.

Strangely, as the crowds were often considerably lower there used to be a Bullocks Coach from Marple to Maine Road that ran for almost 40 years. It picked-up outside the old Nat West Bank on Stockport Road and dropped off at Finglands Garage next to the old Birch Villa on Wilmslow Road.
Ironically, Bullocks don't seem interested now that the crowds have doubled.
I do indeed remember Taguey’s 15 minutes of fame. And to add insult to injury didn’t City give him another season ticket to replace the one he left in bits on the pitch?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.