Does anyone know anything about this?

Surprised that they didnt take any action. The players, via the captain, should be bringing it to the attention of the ref and requesting him to take action, as Platini said they would.

cibaman said:
Surprised that they didnt take any action. The players, via the captain, should be bringing it to the attention of the ref and requesting him to take action, as Platini said they would.

And that is why I am very sceptical about the report from the Dail Fail.I`m not disputing is didn`t happen,I`m saying that IMO only a handful must have used these racists taunts,otherwise action would have been taken by the Italian FA,as they said they`d back Mario.

cibaman said:

the same platini who did nothing about the spanish abuse, who fined us more for being a minute late for the second half than he did the Portuguese for racial abuse, etc etc??!!

The inaction of the Italian FA proves fuck all. UEFA, right the way up to Platini himself, have made it pretty clear that they're not that bothered about supporting black players if racism comes up in the stadium provided it's at a low enough level to sweep under the carpet. What do the Italian FA, or Balotelli himself for all his grandstanding, have to gain from making a stand. Just because people have got used to ignoring racist abuse doesn't mean it doesn't matter or that it doesn't happen.

BluePurgatory said:
cookster said:
BringBackSwales said:
can you justify these comments?

Not really but it's always someone elses fault when Mario fucks up.

Strange that IF he was racially abused the Italians ain't backing him up by making an official complaint.

Why dont you just admit you dont like Mario???

I have several times dating back to the time when I had the displeasure of being in a restaurant with him and his hanger on's.

He's a childish waster who will eventually be sold or cost Mancini his job (tried his best last season).

I will however support him when on the field of play wearing a City shirt.

cookster said:
BluePurgatory said:
cookster said:
Not really but it's always someone elses fault when Mario fucks up.

Strange that IF he was racially abused the Italians ain't backing him up by making an official complaint.

I have several times dating back to the time when I had the displeasure of being in a restaurant with him and his hanger on's.

He's a childish waster who will eventually be sold or cost Mancini his job (tried his best last season).

What has that got to do with him being racially abused in Ukraine? Maybe he deserves it for ruining your meal?

mike channon´s windmill said:
UEFA to investigate - bout fookin time. The Spanish are in denial but we know they´ve got previous

UEFA to investigate racist chanting
Posted by EurosportAustralia the 12/06/2012 at 22:32
UEFA are to investigate two matches at Euro 2012, Spain-Italy and Russia-Czech Republic, over allegations of racist chanting.

Reuters
Related links
UEFA charges German and Portuguese FAs
UEFA to take action against Russia
PFA backs England in racism action
Russian fans attack stewards at Euros

"Following the provision of new independent information today, regarding the two cases of alleged racist chanting in the Spain-Italy and Russia-Czech Republic matches, UEFA is now conducting further investigations," UEFA said in a statement.

"There are, however, no disciplinary proceedings opened at this moment in time."

Media reports said Italy striker Mario Balotelli was the victim of racist chanting during the Group C match against Spain in Gdansk on Sunday.

Czech Republic defender Theodor Gebre Selassie told reporters he had "noticed" racist chants directed at him in his side's opening Group A game with Russia in Wroclaw.

No official complaints have been made to UEFA by Italy or Czech Republic.

UEFA is on high alert for incidents of racism during the June 8-July 1 tournament.

The governing body wrote on Monday to the mayors of Polish and Ukrainian cities hosting Euro 2012 training sessions to ask for an increased police presence to avoid racist behaviour from fans.

Some members of the Netherlands squad complained of hearing monkey noises at an open training session at Wisla Krakow's stadium last week when tens of thousands of Poles turned up to watch.

The issue of racism dominated the build-up to the co-hosted tournament with a BBC documentary suggesting bigotry was widespread among fan groups.

Both Poland and Ukraine denied the allegations.

Before the tournament, the hot-headed Balotelli had warned he would "kill" anyone who threw a banana at him in the street during the European Championship.

In a separate case, UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Croatian Football Association for incidents during their opening Group C match against Ireland in Poznan on Sunday.

Croatian fans celebrated their second goal by letting off firecrackers and flares and a supporter dressed in his country's national team shirt came out of the stands and gave Croatia coach Slaven Bilic a kiss on the lips in front of the team bench.

UEFA said the Croatians have been charged with the setting off and throwing of fireworks and missiles, and invasion of the pitch.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
cookster said:
BluePurgatory said:

What has that got to do with him being racially abused in Ukraine? Maybe he deserves it for ruining your meal?

Please point out where I justified him being racially abused? I don't like the fella cause he's a pillock. Nothing to do with skin colour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.