Does anyone really think we are going to sign 'Superstars'?

bluemoon05 said:
Eto'o is very possible i think, he's not happy at Barca and said he considers playing football as just a job so he'll probably go to the highest bidder.

I think that Etoo will stay with barca next season. They're talking about renewing he's contract and he's IMO pretty happy there with the rest of the team.

I think that david villa will be available in the summer and you guys have a very reallistic chance in getting him. Valencia in a serious problem and they need the money, they will accept the highest bidder offer and i don't think there is any club (probably with the exception of madrid) that outbid city in the market right now.

So all the signs say that he's probably the supperstar that you guys are gonna see next season playing for you.....

we still cant offer champs league football so it would come down to money....i.e. valencias situation, and you could put your hat on someone like david villa not wanting to come here yet with no champs league or title challenger.

but we could just keep offering £5m more than the next team an be in pole position.

Bluebeer said:
we still cant offer champs league football so it would come down to money....i.e. valencias situation, and you could put your hat on someone like david villa not wanting to come here yet with no champs league or title challenger.

but we could just keep offering £5m more than the next team an be in pole position.

There's not many clubs that can offer valencia what they want in return for david villa.

in spain you have only madrid and barca and both of them don't really need a forward in their squad (madrid have Higuaín, van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar and Raul "more than enough" and barca have messi, Etoo, henry plus bojan) unless barca sells henry next season i don't think they're going for another attacker in the summer.

In england there's probably only chelsea and liverpool who would want to have villa but they can't afford him IMO (united don't need another attacker unless they don't sign Tevez).

So reallisticaly the only club that can offer valecia the $$ that they need for villa would be manchester city... Don't you think?

yes

our owners are winner and get what they want

imo we had kaka (one of the top 3 players in the world) but milan (as cook said) bottled it.

there is no reason why we cannot sign 1 of the best 6 players in the world

MCFCinUSA said:
mackenzie said:
I think we may sign one "superstar."

I just can't see ADUG wanting to go down the Abramovic route.

ADUG or MH?

- I think for the purposes of this thread there could be a difference.

ADUG.

Only because they seem willing to listen to what Hughes wants and are ready to approve players that he sees can fit into the jigsaw.

Abramovic was the man who wanted Schevchenko and got him, much against Jose's wishes by all accounts.

It's just that I see Abramovic as more the kind of man who is less willing to listen to someone else's point of view.

All pure conjecture at this point of course, as I could be saying something completely different after another transfer window or two. It's just the owners of City seem to be more democratic and patient than the owner of Chelsea. At this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.