Does death scare you?

SWMBO is a week into a month long stay at the Christie for a stem cell transplant.. she’s had a week of very strong chemo and has now developed a clot on the lung…

We’ve clearly talked about what if’s but it’s definitely a scary time..

Lost my brother in law suddenly last month after a cardiac arrest and my brother last year after a ruptured ulcer took him away in seconds…

My advice, get your affairs in order as soon as possible.. You have zero clue what’s coming

SWMBO is a week into a month long stay at the Christie for a stem cell transplant.. she’s had a week of very strong chemo and has now developed a clot on the lung…

Lost my brother in law suddenly last month after a cardiac arrest and my brother last year after a ruptured ulcer took him away in seconds…

My advice, get your affairs in order as soon as possible.. You have zero clue what’s coming
I feel for you mate, sounds like you've had a really really tough time, hope better times are on the horizon.

My sister died recently. Blood clot from her leg to her lung. Very sudden. 50 years old.

I've recently told my other half what I want for my funeral, and I have been thinking a lot about making a will.
It's unfair to leave a load of crap to those left behind.

I agree.
Thankfully my own Grandmother (who raised me) was in a nursing home.
She was in the latter stages of dementia when the doctor asked for a family meeting.
She was 88 and kept getting severe chest infections. So they gave her antibiotics etc.

Yet her quality of life was shite. So we agreed with the doctor that next time she would be given plenty of pain relief. Nothing else.

She slipped away quietly the next time. As she would have wished for.
Very similar. We were on cycle 6 of the regular infections and I was fortunate to get the same doctor twice in 3 days in A&E who understood geriatric care as well as emergency care. He gave us the choice of treatment or palliative care alongside a statement on intent.

Puts my situation in perspective. I’m truly sorry for you mate and hope you have enough energy to keep fighting with your partner.

If you, or anyone on here, wants to rant to stranger, feel free to PM me.

I feel for you mate, sounds like you've had a really really tough time, hope better times are on the horizon.
It’s been tough for her all year since her cancer transformed into an aggressive form last year but (touches wood) they are on top of it.. She’s 9 years post diagnosis now

Thanks for your best wishes.. And thanks to everybody else who’s been supportive

Puts my situation in perspective. I’m truly sorry for you mate and hope you have enough energy to keep fighting with your partner.

If you, or anyone on here, wants to rant to stranger, feel free to PM me.
Cheers Blue… I’ve got the energy, no way I’m giving up on her ..

I posted recently about giving up Twitter for my mental health and has some tw*t answered “bless”

A comment like that just proves that you should never dive in with criticism until you know all the facts.. I’ve done it myself though in the past so there are no hard feelings

Very similar. We were on cycle 6 of the regular infections and I was fortunate to get the same doctor twice in 3 days in A&E who understood geriatric care as well as emergency care. He gave us the choice of treatment or palliative care alongside a statement on intent.
Good to hear you got someone who understood.

Celebrate her life now in the days to come. I bet she had a few tales to tell at such a great age ;-)

Good to hear you got someone who understood.

Celebrate her life now in the days to come. I bet she had a few tales to tell at such a great age ;-)
Oh yes, the stories are flooding in. She told one of her former neighbours that if their tortoise didn’t stop eating her plants that she’d drown it.

It’s okay though. The tortoise is currently about 120 years old.

She was a proper Nora Batty type.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.