Does Mancini have the courage to drop Tevez?

Bigga said:
mcfcirlam said:
Anyone who thinks Carlos shouldnt play should go and watch fishing cause you cannot know about football.

He is the best striker we have and until we find better he plays.

You always play your best team and if you think Mario or Edin are better then i am completley flabargasted.

Robertos team selections at certain points this season have been detrimental and he must know when he gets his pen out he must write

HART, COMPANY, ZABALETA, DE JONG, YAYA(Only recently), SILVA, TEVEZ.

If these 7 play then I would back us to win every game.

Does 'best striker' equal 'best team player'?? Have we played as a team and won?? Have the goals been shared out amongst the team?? Does the team seem 'happier'?? A lot of us must be Know Nowts, then. Feck me...

Give your head a wobble.

yes the goals have been shared luckily as between them balo and dzeko have scored one since tev has been out

As for happier......no...thats complete rubbish and just an opinion based on no facts whatsoever

how many assists does tevez have this season compared to other players in the team?

King Geedorah said:
Bigga said:
Does 'best striker' equal 'best team player'?? Have we played as a team and won?? Have the goals been shared out amongst the team?? Does the team seem 'happier'?? A lot of us must be Know Nowts, then. Feck me...

Give your head a wobble.

We have enough team players in the side, what we need is someone to put the ball in the net. Luckily the team have stepped up and we've had 4 different scorers over the last 3 games. But will it last?

I can't really think of many really really successful teams who've not had a guy you would call their main goal scorer.

I'll tell you why it would last with Tévez; Do you remember the run Zabaleta made to score our second? That was directly in to the box towards the goal, not the furthest out of it, nearer the corner flag. This is an interesting highlight as Tévez usually takes the space that allows that type of run. Usually similar-ish situations forces Zaba to merely try and stand a cross as he's further out.

The second highlight of the same situation(and we'll put Tévez in the role of Silva) would see Tévez 90% likely to use Zaba as a decoy and he spread the play/ go for goal himself, thus the first move break down.

If you watch the movement again, you will see Zaba indicate a point upwards and Silva delivers the ball to him. I'm not entirely confident that CT would have done what David Silva did.

This small thing speaks volumes, to me, on the state of our play with/ without Tévez in the team.

Bigga said:
King Geedorah said:
We have enough team players in the side, what we need is someone to put the ball in the net. Luckily the team have stepped up and we've had 4 different scorers over the last 3 games. But will it last?

I can't really think of many really really successful teams who've not had a guy you would call their main goal scorer.

I'll tell you why it would last with Tévez; Do you remember the run Zabaleta made to score our second? That was directly in to the box towards the goal, not the furthest out of it, nearer the corner flag. This is an interesting highlight as Tévez usually takes the space that allows that type of run. Usually similar-ish situations forces Zaba to merely try and stand a cross as he's further out.

The second highlight of the same situation(and we'll put Tévez in the role of Silva) would see Tévez 90% likely to use Zaba as a decoy and he spread the play/ go for goal himself, thus the first move break down.

If you watch the movement again, you will see Zaba indicate a point upwards and Silva delivers the ball to him. I'm not entirely confident that CT would have done what David Silva did.

This small thing speaks volumes, to me, on the state of our play with/ without Tévez in the team.

Sorry fella but that is one huge pile of steaming horseshit.

Doesn't even warrant a full response.

JohnsOn isn't hungry enough to start unless we are stuck due to injuries of suspensions. He needs to try a lot harder if he's going to improve IMO. So Tevez should play instead - not as the main striker though as we should keep the shape we've had over the past couple of games. Balotelli IMO has been excellent as the central striker. His lack of goals is a minor issue. His link play is excellent.

Tevez should not be captain though. Kompany should continue in the role. I'd bet Tevez would be delighted with that. He and everyone se knows being captain won't make a jot of difference to his decision to stay or go. Kompany is doing well in the role so just carry on.

Rammy Blue said:
Bigga said:

Sorry fella but that is one huge pile of steaming horseshit.

Doesn't even warrant a full response.

That's because you're not even thinking about how many times Tevez opts to take on a shot rather than play someone through cos he hasn't tried a mazy dribble.

'Horseshit' is the answer you gave cos it's a cop out because you don't even want to think about it.

Sorry for analysing a situation that Tévez would most likely ignore.

A bit like your 'horseshit' response should be.

Can I just make a point. The whole point of the team is to pass it to the 'Striker' who 'Strikes' it into the back of the net. They are selfish in front of goal because that is how they score.

Fuck sake, no-one complains when Messi has a run through goal do they!

A) mancini will play tevez if he believe may be the best option to win

B) in his managerial history mancini has repeatedly demonstrated to have the courage to drop more important players than tevez . recoba , adriano , crespo and , overall , figo. just for name some names.

Mancini with no balls to drop Tevez? Are you crazy? What would scare him?...someone saying boo! in the changing room? Dont be daft fella...Mancini is the manager and lives and dies by his desicions...same as any other manager. Sure he wanted to appease him and his greedy **** of an agent by giving him the armband....that pales into insignificance when we all know who the real captain is....arise Sir Vince. What Mancini WONT do is jeapordise our chance at a trophy for the first time in a generation...even if he believes that entails subbing Tevez twice a la Robinho then Im confident he will do it.

Why shouldn't he play?? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in the position we're in now, everyone knows that. Fair enough he shouldn't have handed the transfer request in when he did and he has acted like a twat at times, but he's done more good than bad at the club and I'll always be grateful to him for that regardless if he's here next season or not. I think kompany should be captain for the final but if tevez is fit I think he should play, if he plays a blinder and scores the winner I think people will change their opinions

BillyShears said:
Chick Counterfly said:
Interesting...

If people react a certain way, there could be any number of things that have influenced them. From Tevez's own actions, to a pathological 'we'll be fine' reaction to rejection.

So is it too much to ask you to be specific about just how Mancini has gone about brainwashing us?

Considering this thread is entitled "Does Mancini have the courage to drop Tevez?" - I think the brainwashing is evident in the number of people who are suggesting it would be a wise thing for footballing reasons.

I think the subtext in most of Mancini's recent comments about Carlos has been pretty clear - and has had the desired effect upon the more easily impressionable supporters.
You don't seriously believe this, do you?

It'll be a tough decision whether he plays or not, but his two open play goals since December hardly help his case.

As another esteemed poster put it, Carlos left us in December.<br /><br />-- Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 pm --<br /><br />
Mancio said:
A) mancini will play tevez if he believe may be the best option to win

B) in his managerial history mancini has repeatedly demonstrated to have the courage to drop more important players than tevez . recoba , adriano , crespo and , overall , figo. just for name some names.
I think Adriano is the biggest name in there. Fair point though. He'll definitely do it if he thinks it's right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.