Does our Badge need a make over ?

omcfc said:
Didn't google street view catch an image of a woman jacking off a guy in broad daylight near Deansgate locks.

Maybe we could incorporate that?

What's latin for "Manchester: home of broad daylight masturbation".

"Manchester: domum luce oportet masturbationem"

Somebody mock it up, please.

ban-mcfc said:
badman said:
ban-mcfc said:
RetroCrest.jpg

either of these two, bring back one of the older badges...

11ky4j4.jpg

i dont like a badge within a badge.

just a shield with a ship and stripes inside would be enough.

like this??

CityBadge.jpg

yes. nice and simple.

ban-mcfc said:
RetroCrest.jpg

either of these two, bring back one of the older badges...

11ky4j4.jpg

Prefer the top one with Lancs. rose.but the second one will suffice.
The current badge looks like someone is sqeeezing the Eagle's balls in a vice.

gkmcfc said:
Personally I think any badge should contain the full name of the club rather than an abbreviation (Mcfc)

I understand where your coming from but isn't manchester city football club a bit of a mouthful? (Assuming you don't like FC abreviated also)

omcfc said:
Didn't google street view catch an image of a woman jacking off a guy in broad daylight near Deansgate locks.

Maybe we could incorporate that?

What's latin for "Manchester: home of broad daylight masturbation".
<a class="postlink" href="http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a465335/manchesters-temperance-street-renamed-hand-job-alley-on-google-maps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a465 ... -maps.html</a>

Hand job alley. Funny as fuck!<br /><br />-- Wed May 29, 2013 7:34 pm --<br /><br />
A17DRE said:
gkmcfc said:
Personally I think any badge should contain the full name of the club rather than an abbreviation (Mcfc)

I understand where your coming from but isn't manchester city football club a bit of a mouthful? (Assuming you don't like FC abreviated also)
Yeah FC as everyone knows what that means, but I agree that MANCHESTER CITY should be on our club badge.

jimmy blue shoes said:
Shaggy said:
That badge of Salzburgs is fucking shit, its just the red bull logo, the company that owns the club.

That Ajax badge is an abortion compared to the one it replaced.

Palmeries badge is just shit

Juventus badge is plain.

Citys cuurent badge is good, and when asked about the 3 stars, I tell people they stand for winning the 3 domestic competions in consecutive seasons

Those stars were added by some designer in an office somewhere (who knew fuck all about football) for no other reason than to add "continental flair"

Fine when we're playing Tranmere and Burnley but now we're playing top European sides who have earned the stars above their badge.

If we went on to win the champions league next season would we add a 4th! Embarrassing.

STARS OUT!

Mick Peek, to be accurate - who is a football fan so knows a fair bit about it, I would wager! ;-)

Not seen him for years, but this is him, IIRC. Might be an idea for someone with a twitter account to tweet him for the lowdown, but keep it clean.

http://twtrland.com/profile/mickpeek

BTH said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
Shaggy said:
That badge of Salzburgs is fucking shit, its just the red bull logo, the company that owns the club.

That Ajax badge is an abortion compared to the one it replaced.

Palmeries badge is just shit

Juventus badge is plain.

Citys cuurent badge is good, and when asked about the 3 stars, I tell people they stand for winning the 3 domestic competions in consecutive seasons

Those stars were added by some designer in an office somewhere (who knew fuck all about football) for no other reason than to add "continental flair"

Fine when we're playing Tranmere and Burnley but now we're playing top European sides who have earned the stars above their badge.

If we went on to win the champions league next season would we add a 4th! Embarrassing.

STARS OUT!

Mick Peek, to be accurate - who is a football fan so knows a fair bit about it, I would wager! ;-)

Not seen him for years, but this is him, IIRC. Might be an idea for someone with a twitter account to tweet him for the lowdown, but keep it clean.

http://twtrland.com/profile/mickpeek
Only my opinion, but I think the additional shield border lines makes the whole thing look cheap, can't quite remember which shirt but I'm sure we have been here before with the exact same shield border lines!!! Please correct me if I have been dreaming:)

I Live In A Blue House said:
Only my opinion, but I think the additional shield border lines makes the whole thing look cheap, can't quite remember which shirt but I'm sure we have been here before with the exact same shield border lines!!! Please correct me if I have been dreaming:)

I'm beginning to suspect the "shield" is a stretched version of Everton's new badge ...

everton-new.jpg

man-city-home-shirt-crest1-600x595.png

... both shirts are Nike.

Unfortunately the outline reminds me of ...

droopy.gif

I think the designers have missed a trick here. The current trend is towards de-cluttering logos so that they display better on small devices. City's current logo often looks smaller than everyone else's because of the lack of colour definition at the extremes.

barclayspremierleaguete.png

I'd be tempted to just remove the stars and possibly the latin motto and place the logo on a blue circle to mimic the 70s badge we all know and love. Perhaps change MCFC to 1894 and add MCFC to where the latin banner was. I've got used to the eagle and the gold/blue colour scheme is still fantastic. Add the stars back in above the badge when we start to win CL titles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.