Does this forum reflect our matchgoing support?

MCC said:
To a certain extent is does.

@Damocles.........do we have any data on the demographics of where the bluemooners come from and if they are ST holders or match day goers etc? Might be an interesting project to find out.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk</a>

squirtyflower said:
it certainly doesn't reflect our away match going support

Perhaps not during match day threads whilst the match is happening but I know a fair few regulars who contribute here. I go away alot, too.

stony said:
MCC said:

@Damocles.........do we have any data on the demographics of where the bluemooners come from and if they are ST holders or match day goers etc? Might be an interesting project to find out.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk</a>

Statistics Summary for bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk

There are 60,950 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Bluemoon. Compared with all internet users, the site appeals more to men; its audience also tends to consist of both uneducated and highly educated, childless users under the age of 45 who have incomes under $100,000. Search engines refer about 17% of visits to it. The site's visitors view an average of 9.3 unique pages per day. Bluemoon can be found in the “Manchester City” category.
<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm --<br /><br />After the UK most of our visitors come from Pakistan 9.8% which is a surprise to me to be honest

MCC said:

Great idea...always wondered where Didsbury Dave comes from

I'd say it does , yes .......

the fans we get posting on here appear to be a dedicated and pretty knowledgable cross-section of Citys general support ... just as they are on other City forums ...... but because this is the biggest and best known City forum our larger cross-section of posters will give fairly accurate guidance as to the overall mood and feelings of other City fans.

I speak to a number of City fans who don't post on forums and in general the way they see things is pretty much the way most of us on here do ..... if the majority of fans on here are now against Tevez you can bet that a great deal of other City fans who don't post will be too !

No, not imo there is a lot of well repected blue's on here but a lot of fans do not bother with forum's for whatever reason, maybe they cant listen to things that they dont agree with.My dad and my uncle run the heywood blue's and they dont bother coming on here not because they dont want to they just dont know how too and a lot of the older genaration dont realy put any input in. i know alot do but not as much as the younger one's

No, not at all.

It's very representative of on-line forum users with time to waste but it doesn't speak for the vast majority of City fans . . just a small minority. I've been a blue all my life but only ever signed up to a forum quite recently (this one - obviously). Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy it on here but sometimes feel that it's over populated with drama queens. . . . to the extent that I'm sure I'll get tired of it and wander away in due course . . . knowing that I can always clock back on and catch-up in a few days regardless of how long away.
A bit like coronation street really; enthusiastically followed by and watched by huge numbers of people but with those people only representing a quite small percentage of the whole uk population.
Good for the type of thing it is and rightly popular but of no interest whatsoever to the vast majority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.