Does this still make you.....?

Go on, how much did you pay for your ticket? The most I had paid for a long time was £45 to watch us away at Grimsby under KK, having missed the swat tickets going on sale. £45 was a lot in them days, the John Smith Stand if I remember correctly
Like @OneTonyHenry , i was also determined to be there. After an arduous 30 minute tram ride i was in a pub in town mithering for a ticket. I had a ton in my pocket but was nowhere near enough. Went up to ground later and even dearer there so ended up watching in the Waldorf.
Most i've ever paid was £50 for Barcelona at ours.

Like @OneTonyHenry , i was also determined to be there. After an arduous 30 minute tram ride i was in a pub in town mithering for a ticket. I had a ton in my pocket but was nowhere near enough. Went up to ground later and even dearer there so ended up watching in the Waldorf.
Most i've ever paid was £50 for Barcelona at ours.

The Waldorf on that day was basically the next best thing to being in the ground. The emotions were off the scale.

The Waldorf on that day was basically the next best thing to being in the ground. The emotions were off the scale.
Great to see another old timer on this thread. Hope you're well.

It was fucking mental in there. I lost my shit when Dzeko scored and was outside, in the gutter, shouting down a grid when the winner went in.

Great to see another old timer on this thread. Hope you're well.

It was fucking mental in there. I lost my shit when Dzeko scored and was outside, in the gutter, shouting down a grid when the winner went in.

Did you go to the ground afterwards ? We did - I think there's a picture somewhere of me inside which someone on here sent me at some point!

Stayed in Waldorf for dancing on tables etc where it got even messier before getting off and dancing round most of Manchesters finest.

I stood on the bonnet of one of Manchester's finest in the immediate aftermath with a bottle of champagne in my hands. That's no exaggeration. Right outside the Malmaison. Hahaha. God the memories.

They seem like much more innocent times somehow.

How much were touts asking for tickets? I’ve not heard this one before.

I was quoted 900 pounds in the Waldorf.

Goodness.

If I’ve gone the extra mile to get someone a spare then I’ll expect face value plus a pint for my trouble. It’s face value otherwise.

We usually had spares bouncing around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.