Does this still make you.....?

[QUOTE="OneTonyHenry, post: 12696542, member: 50045

I decided on the Friday night that ticket or not, getting in or not, I was going to be in Manchester on the night we finally achieved what we never thought possible.
Landed at 7 am from Sydney, Sunday morning”[/QUOTE]

Manchester airport on the Monday morning was full of Blues returning to far-flung places of exile. Bought all the newspapers and had a giant brekkie before getting on the plane, then on arrival back in the u.s. the immigration guy checked my passport, looked at my scarf, and said "well done."

I was offered a shit load for my season ticket, i told my dad i eventually sold it for 5 ton. The night before the game he came to visit me, i fractured my leg and dislocated my ankle 2 weeks before and had just had another operation. The look on his face when i gave him my season ticket helped me get over missing the game.

I still have vivid memories of that day. After a very noisy & boozy SC coach trip back up the M6 we ended up in one of Carlisle's several dubious boozers. What a night ! I literally didn't get my voice back until the following Friday. I still fill up every time I watch Sergio's winner. Best day of my football life, and my son was with me to share it all. Happiest of Happy Days.

Like @OneTonyHenry , i was also determined to be there. After an arduous 30 minute tram ride i was in a pub in town mithering for a ticket. I had a ton in my pocket but was nowhere near enough. Went up to ground later and even dearer there so ended up watching in the Waldorf.
Most i've ever paid was £50 for Barcelona at ours.
Go on, how much did you pay for your ticket? The most I had paid for a long time was £45 to watch us away at Grimsby under KK, having missed the swat tickets going on sale. £45 was a lot in them days, the John Smith Stand if I remember correctly
It was less than I had but more than I could afford. I’ve still never admitted to the wife how much but I couldn’t travel all the way and then be stuck outside could I? By the time I finally got a ticket all the pubs nearby were either rammed or doors shut so I would’ve been struggling.

I only ever paid over the odds once before and vowed never to line the touts pockets again. Thirty quid for a ticket for Chelsea at home in 1989 - which we lost 3-2 in a “typical City” match.

The only downside to the Sergio day was that when I got to the ground about 8am I saw a lad near the ticket office talking to someone and and asked him if he had a spare - he said he’d just let it go to the lad he was speaking to ... and when I asked him how much - “Face value”.

Walking away I thought this will be a breeze!! Little did I know!

I saw the comment that there were loads of Blues In the airport on Monday - I didn’t go till Tuesday morning and it was pretty quiet. Wearing my home shirt I saw a rag in duty free and all the knobhead could muster was “Wankers”.

My response “Champions of England wankers if you don’t mind”

Sat in my seat on the plane and another exiled Manc sat next to me - he was off to work in Doha and we chatted away like we were heading back to Sale on the 99.

What a weekend. I must’ve watched that clip into the thousands now - I’ve played in on footie trips , work dos, wedding speeches!! the lot.

Anyone think I’m overdoing it? Nah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.