Does this thought ever freak you out ?

BlueHammer85

... One day you will die

every once in a 'bluemoon' it hits me, not in a kind of depressive way, but more in a ' i cant imagine not being alive' way, if that makes sense.

Markt85 said:
... One day you will die

every once in a 'bluemoon' it hits me, not in a kind of depressive way, but more in a ' i cant imagine not being alive' way, if that makes sense.

I know exactly what you mean - its quite a strange thought but one that will undoubtedly cross most peoples minds at some point in their life.

Re: Re: Does this thought ever freak you out ?

Lucky Toma said:
Same here BB. We'll slide off into complete obscurity before the other fools. Better to be forgotten than fade away.

I thought it was 're-record, not fade away'? Anyhoo, i'm going down the 'Fame' route. Probably by taking a lot of rags with me in a mass football type massacre.

It does cross my mind but doesn't really freak me out. It's inevitable that my time will come. There's no point dwelling on or getting worried about something which we can have absolutely affect on.

Get this feeling all the time. I find it almost unbearable to really think about the fact I've got 40-50 years left (if I'm lucky) then nothing. That's it. Makes me feel sick, even writing this makes me panic a bit. If you're a complete Atheist and don't believe in life after death then I don't understand how it can't scare you. I guess you have to try and block it out and make the most of the time you have but it's not really that simple, sometimes the thoughts just come into my head. Dawkins says atheism sets you free to appreciate life but personally I wish I could have the comfort of truly believing in an afterlife.

After my mate died last week I've thought a lot about that sort of thing and found myself falling on old cliches like 'he'll be looking down on us' or 'he'll be banging some angles' even though I'm an atheist and dont believe in any of that. I really want there to be something after death or something o could believe in but the harsh reality (IMO) is that there is nothing after that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.