Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, few months ago you've shat all over me for saying he'll never be old Zaba again . You said he's just came back from injury and will be back in few games, so not sure you've got much objectivity in this case.

Zaba is finished for top level, last season was a hint, this one just confirmed it. He's nowhere near what is required for a team of City's caliber. Sagna, who is 34 and few years older is twice better player currently.

Zaba is legend but he's done and I doubt he has much of City's future left.
Nothing has changed. I don't think he's finished at the top level. You think Sagna is twice the player I don't. I'd keep Zabaleta over him no problem if we buy a new starter and was to choose just one of them to stay as a squad player.

Nothing has changed. I don't think he's finished at the top level. You think Sagna is twice the player I don't. I'd keep Zabaleta over him no problem if we buy a new starter and was to choose just one of them to stay as a squad player.
Zabaleta has had a handful of Premiership starts and two knee ligament injuries. Should be no surprise he's struggling with his form.

Different issue to Toure. At least I think so

Zabaleta has had a handful of Premiership starts and two knee ligament injuries. Should be no surprise he's struggling with his form.

Different issue to Toure. At least I think so
As far as Zabaleta goes what will be will be. Personally I'd keep him but if the new management sit down with him and it's decided it's best to move him on then so be it. If it was at the expense of Sagna I'd be disappointed but again would accept it.

As far as Toure goes, surely it's over for him now. There's far too many no shows from him. He doesn't seem like somebody who would accept a bit part place in the squad and his wages are too high to justify that so just move him on and let's finally get the midfield we've been crying out for.

As far as Zabaleta goes what will be will be. Personally I'd keep him but if the new management sit down with him and it's decided it's best to move him on then so be it. If it was at the expense of Sagna I'd be disappointed but again would accept it.

As far as Toure goes, surely it's over for him now. There's far too many no shows from him. He doesn't seem like somebody who would accept a bit part place in the squad and his wages are too high to justify that so just move him on and let's finally get the midfield we've been crying out for.
Must be a very good chance that he remains a squad player next season. City I am sure would like to move him on, but that is down to other clubs, and the player.

Must be a very good chance that he remains a squad player next season. City I am sure would like to move him on, but that is down to other clubs, and the player.
I think there must be half a dozen in the same boat. Hasn't Kolarov got 2 years left? He doesn't have to move anywhere if he doesn't want. Bony? Fernando? Navas? All the players who seem to be on most 'lists' of players going still have time left on their contracts. I doubt it's going to be as easy as we think getting rid.

I think there must be half a dozen in the same boat. Hasn't Kolarov got 2 years left? He doesn't have to move anywhere if he doesn't want. Bony? Fernando? Navas? All the players who seem to be on most 'lists' of players going still have time left on their contracts. I doubt it's going to be as easy as we think getting rid.
We still need a squad. I think Bony will go as whatever we think of him, he has proven himself to be a regular goalscorer. I think Kolarov could get a move to Spain or Italy if he wanted it.

We still need a squad. I think Bony will go as whatever we think of him, he has proven himself to be a regular goalscorer. I think Kolarov could get a move to Spain or Italy if he wanted it.

I don't think Bony will want to just hang around if Pep tells him he's not wanted. But we will probably have to take a huge hit on the fee.

Yaya is a difficult one to call from the outside.

So supposedly Pep said in the press conference today that Yaya would get a game once he starts working a bit harder off the ball...

Yaya is another legend who needs to be moved on. tbf what Pep is doing needed doing 1/2 seasons ago.

Inter would be a good option as would playing in China/UAE but hopefully we can just shift him for some decent £££'s.

Trouble with our old guard being moved on is remaining contract lengths. As Pep said in today's conference, they are all on contracts and they are all on our books. What he has made clear to them however is their likelihood of them playing is minimal and one thing you can be sure of is if they pose any risk of being a disruptive element he won't have them anywhere near the 1st team and will instead bring in the younger/hungrier guard.

I'm loving Pep already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.