Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should move on no doubt, however if he does stay & actually wants to play rather than collect his years wages, then I can see him having a role. Saw enough against Arsenal as to what he can bring as an impact sub for us - still got a great strike & pass on him even if his work rate is next to zero nowadays.

Don't think for a minute he'll be able to force his way into Pep's plans as a starter, but if he wants to stay, give him the impact sub role if he's willing to work hard and accept that (unlikely in my eyes) - if not, get rid of course. Would rather he be gone than disrupting in the background, even if he acts professional (unlikely again in my eyes) I can't see his agent doing anything other than trying to cause trouble at City.

The wages we pay are always the issue at this club when moving players on.

I think we will probably have to wait til the death and lose some players on rock bottom fees or loans with us playing a percentage of the wages.

No doubt some clubs would be interested in some of our players but also know that as the clock ticks down there are bargains to be had

The wages we pay are always the issue at this club when moving players on.

I think we will probably have to wait til the death and lose some players on rock bottom fees or loans with us playing a percentage of the wages.

No doubt some clubs would be interested in some of our players but also know that as the clock ticks down there are bargains to be had

Exactly this.

I suspect Yaya's agent coming out and saying he wants to stay and play under Pep equates to = I'll take what my contract stipulates until the day it expires and worry about my next club then 'cause i aint gonna get a better financial package than what i'm on right now.

It's highly unlikely another club will come anywhere near what he's due to cash in on under his current contract so hopefully he just accepts the current situation, buckles down and shows he can have an impact as an alternative tactical option. Not a bad one to have but it's all down to ego and pride with our current crop of outgoing legends.

We are certainly going to see who is up for accepting this over the coming months and I think a couple may just get freezed out this season.

It's not as if we need the cash from sales is it but one thing i do think with Pep at the helm is that we will never see huge ego'd superstar individuals coming on massive contracts which will only likely cause potential issues in the future. That is what we did to get us where we are today but going forward we are about something else.

Let's leave U*d to deal with the short term thinking, high-risk megastar signings. *And hope it all blows up in their faces*

Yaya should instruct his agent to shut the fuck up bleating shite and accept his days playing for us are over. He needs to find a league where he can still cut it whilst lowering his wage demands. Great memories of the big man in his prime but the show is over for Yaya I think.

I think he still has a role but it's fairly clear that it depends on Yaya being able to sustain the physicality that Pep requires for his teams to work. Yaya seems willing to give it a go and his agent has zipped it (oh and nice dig at the agent in today's presser by Pep) so the only question remains is can Yaya at 33 get to where Pep wants him to be physically.

If he can then great. If he can't then Pep won't play him.

Exactly this.

I suspect Yaya's agent coming out and saying he wants to stay and play under Pep equates to = I'll take what my contract stipulates until the day it expires and worry about my next club then 'cause i aint gonna get a better financial package than what i'm on right now.

It's highly unlikely another club will come anywhere near what he's due to cash in on under his current contract so hopefully he just accepts the current situation, buckles down and shows he can have an impact as an alternative tactical option. Not a bad one to have but it's all down to ego and pride with our current crop of outgoing legends.

We are certainly going to see who is up for accepting this over the coming months and I think a couple may just get freezed out this season.

It's not as if we need the cash from sales is it but one thing i do think with Pep at the helm is that we will never see huge ego'd superstar individuals coming on massive contracts which will only likely cause potential issues in the future. That is what we did to get us where we are today but going forward we are about something else.

Let's leave U*d to deal with the short term thinking, high-risk megastar signings. *And hope it all blows up in their faces*

Particularly in the case of Yaya it is a game of brinkmanship the clubs wants him gone but does not want to push, invoking a payment and hoping by not playing he will leave on his own accord. Similar situation I would imagine for Nasri also.

Personally I think its best to get them out. Nasri is known for being disruptive as is Yayas (agent) and will have disproprtionate influence over the squad. It is difficult enough to try and re-train successful footballers with another philosophy especially if influential players like Yaya are in the background criticising.

Particularly in the case of Yaya it is a game of brinkmanship the clubs wants him gone but does not want to push, invoking a payment and hoping by not playing he will leave on his own accord. Similar situation I would imagine for Nasri also.

Personally I think its best to get them out. Nasri is known for being disruptive as is Yayas (agent) and will have disproprtionate influence over the squad. It is difficult enough to try and re-train successful footballers with another philosophy especially if influential players like Yaya are in the background criticising.

If they do prove to be disruptive then Pep simply won't have them anywhere near the 1st team of which we are already seeing with Nasri & Yaya. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay with us but don't feature at all, even in the league cup. What is it to Pep if they never play a game for us again if they aren't part of his thinking. If the players in this situation had any nowse about them whatsoever they would concentrate on playing their way out of the club with their stock as high as possible.

Pep has no doubt already made his decisions (Likely before he even started on his 1st day) and has back up from the club to do how he sees fit. He is a very experienced and astute man and has dealt with some of the worlds best players and their personalities so it's not something new for him to have to deal with effectively.

One thing we are seeing for sure is just how well he is dealing with this situation and it's fascinating to witness...

If they do prove to be disruptive then Pep simply won't have them anywhere near the 1st team of which we are already seeing with Nasri & Yaya. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay with us but don't feature at all, even in the league cup. What is it to Pep if they never play a game for us again if they aren't part of his thinking. If the players in this situation had any nowse about them whatsoever they would concentrate on playing their way out of the club with their stock as high as possible.

Pep has no doubt already made his decisions (Likely before he even started on his 1st day) and has back up from the club to do how he sees fit. He is a very experienced and astute man and has dealt with some of the worlds best players and their personalities so it's not something new for him to have to deal with effectively.

One thing we are seeing for sure is just how well he is dealing with this situation and it's fascinating to witness...

It is fascinating to see how it works out. I think Pep will want them out. If memory serves me correct he initially clashed with Mandzukic, then had a spell of finding common ground, before falling out with him again and then shipping him out.

I think he may have learned from that and even though the likes of Nasri, Yaya even Hart could offer something to the side he is not muddying the waters and making his position quite clear.

A fascinating sub-plot to events on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.