Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every **** had a free pass to swan about when Pellegrini was here & most of them took it when we lost the ball especially Silva & Aguero.

The reason Yaya isn't in the team is age. If he was younger he'd play all the time, but NEVER EVER in a midfield two. We have watched players stroll about not even bother to pick up.from throw ins etc because we have had a shite manager who allowed them to.

Yaya is amongst those players. But the rest get a free pass, even Kolarov.

Kolarov most certainly didn't get a free pass. Nearly everyone - myself included - vented their frustration at his lack of effort and wanted him gone. Glad to be proven wrong in his case.

Age doesn't come into it, he doesn't get in the team because he doesn't offer as much as the others. How old is Sagna again? How old is the goalkeeper we just signed? Zabaleta is getting on. Same as Kola, Fernandinho, Silva, Clichy, Kompany. Age is just a number.

If you're suggesting that Yaya's age is a determining factor because his legs are going, I wouldn't argue with that. But then, that just backs up what I said about him either not being able or not being willing to put in a shift.

Yaya has a problem, he's a big geyser and that unit takes some shifting. He isn't getting any younger.
His bad mouthing agent does him no favours, either.

The squad in the main were poorly managed and that is a widespread and reliable enough assessment of last season, but returning to the point, only Yaya agitated for a move unlike the rest of the squad who have buckled down to the task in hand and have done it successfully up to now.

If he agitated for a move & he's so shite, why is he still here & why did he start almost every game ?

Kolarov most certainly didn't get a free pass. Nearly everyone - myself included - vented their frustration at his lack of effort and wanted him gone. Glad to be proven wrong in his case.

Age doesn't come into it, he doesn't get in the team because he doesn't offer as much as the others. How old is Sagna again? How old is the goalkeeper we just signed? Zabaleta is getting on. Same as Kola, Fernandinho, Silva, Clichy, Kompany. Age is just a number.

If you're suggesting that Yaya's age is a determining factor because his legs are going, I wouldn't argue with that. But then, that just backs up what I said about him either not being able or not being willing to put in a shift.

Zaba is a regular & Kolarov is the new pet. Both were garbage last season, Zaba due to oldness & fatigue & Kolarov due to being shite.

I'm saying that Yaya has never had the legs to be a Colin Bell kind of midfielder (isn'f fit to lace his boots & if we had one now we'd win the league by 20 points) but somehow this huge wardrobe of a guy is supposed to be able to do it when Silva etc wouldn't have a hope when they were 21. If he was slim & 5 ft 6, & the exact same footballer, nobody would dream of asking him to mark Fellaini at the swamp, they would treat hilm like Pirlo was treated at Juve.

If Pep wants 3 runners in midield, Yaya is no use & Silva/DeBruyne are on their limit.

People were linking us with Kroos a few weeks ago. Try asking him to mark Fellaini in a two man midfield at the swamp.

Yaya has a problem, he's a big geyser and that unit takes some shifting. He isn't getting any younger.
His bad mouthing agent does him no favours, either.

That's the point. His agent is a ****. He's huge. He's getting on. He's also reallly clever & talented footballer. So if we need a clever but not the most mobile footballer, who is fitter than forc two years, scores goals & STILL a potential matchwinner, we have Yaya. If we can't fit such a player into the system, because he isn't sharp enough when we lose the ball, then we don't need him.

All the rest is bollocks & not needed at all.

That's the point. His agent is a ****. He's huge. He's getting on. He's also reallly clever & talented footballer. So if we need a clever but not the most mobile footballer, who is fitter than forc two years, scores goals & STILL a potential matchwinner, we have Yaya. If we can't fit such a player into the system, because he isn't sharp enough when we lose the ball, then we don't need him.

All the rest is bollocks & not needed at all.

It looks like Pep has decided that way.

It's a few weeks into the season.

We need Gundogan fit, Delph & Fernando to be able to fit in & probably Aleix Garcia to step up. If any of those things don't happen we will likely see Yaya figuring as quite important.

Can't see itmyself. Think he'll be lucky to get league cup appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.