Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your bullet points?

Joe stayed in shape. Yaya stayed in shape (Yaya is in better shape now than he was last year).

Joe showed great dignity throughout: Again, your opinion. Even if I agree with it. Others can easily frame it differently. That he laughed when Willy got injured wasn't dignified. That he balked at playing the way Pep wanted wasn't dignified.

Understand this, I don't agree with either claim, but these are acceptable framing of the points. Even if I disagree with them.

Represented the club probably. Hanging with rag, Head and shoulders commercial, buying into star symbols E.t.c. Again, I don't agree with any of this dumb attributions and framing of why he wasn't performing when he wasn't. But this doesn't mean it wasn't brought up and framed as a slight on the club. 'Check the threads on Joe.

Got the msg and moved on: Sure, after City were willing to pay his wage.

The point of this whole exercise is that it's about framing not facts. You framed Joe in the best light and conclude he is more deserving of his contract than YAYA. Most will agree with you.

But the reason why you deserve your contract is not because of how you have been framed or perceive, but rather because you've earned it by signing a Contract. Period! That's the point.

So you moan about people slagging off Yaya and make your point by besmirching Hart?

Laughing at Willy? Cheap shot and totally groundless. Head and shoulders? How original.

How the fcuk has Yaya "stayed in shape" when, by your own admission, he's had to drop a load of weight?

You are generally a decent poster but have dug yourself a hole on this issue and are talking shite.

Depends on how the centre mid goes when Silva, DeBruyne or both have to miss out. If it works no prob, if it doesn't, Yaya.

Gundogan, Fernandinho and Delph can all play in the more advanced roles (or as a free No.8 as KDB described it). We could switch to a 4231 and allow Aguero to play behind Iheanacho, Sterling or Nolito could easily fit into that No.10 role as well.

All without breaking the foundation of hard work and high pressing that the "team" needs to play the Guardiola way.

:

Again you keep asking me questions about things I don't do.

Yes i deem it uneven treatment when a poster says Yaya is stealing a living, yet in the next thread suggest they are happy City is footing a majority of Joe's paycheck at Torino. You really don't have to look hard to see these double standard comments.

That you think only a few do it isn't particularly relevant, as it would simply mean those (however few they are) are who I am responding to. That said, while I've not gone around counting, my sense is they are not that few.

Anyway, to your specific issue:

Again, I am nauseated by the hate for a City great by City fans. You claim he has done terrible things.

I find most of the claims about what he has done, more or less is overstated claims to justify the unwarranted reaction by what in my opinion are 'oversensitive fans.'

I say this coz the evidence of this is everywhere. I saw similar treatment of Milner after he left. He didn't do s thing but be professional, finish off his signed contract and left.

As for Yaya, it is often in how fans frame the issue: If Yaya misses a tackle or fluffs a shot or fails to get back, it's coz he is lazy or doesn't give a shit about the club. Someone else does the same, it's because they were tired or lost concentration. The framing alone, shows bias.

Again it important you understand this as an attack on the framing by a subset of our fans as opposed to a defense of Yaya.

And not to ignore your point as you've asked it 2,ice now. I didn't respond to it coz it doesn't really speak to the issue I have, even though you think it does. My understanding of his dead brother's story probably differs greatly from yours. Would ask what your understanding of that story is, but that would send us back into an attack v Defense of Yaya. Something I don't particularly care for.

But let's clear the air, what psychopathic thing did Yaya do relating to his brother's death?

Sociopathic. I never say psychopathic. There is a very big difference. He claimed that he wasn't able to see his brother before he died because City denied him access to him. It is demonstrably a lie and many believe it was an attempt to force a move and further his own career by moving on (PSG). To me that is beyond the pale; its his dead younger brother FFS. If you disagree and think that publishing that lie was just shrewd business then so be it.

Sociopathic. I never say psychopathic. There is a very big difference. He claimed that he wasn't able to see his brother before he died because City denied him access to him. It is demonstrably a lie and many believe it was an attempt to force a move and further his own career by moving on (PSG). To me that is beyond the pale; its his dead younger brother FFS. If you disagree and think that publishing that lie was just shrewd business then so be it.
Here in lies the problem with your righteous anger: you have some facts mixed in with tenous opinion, and you conclude it's justifiable reason to throw bile.

I look at the very same facts I.e Yaya claiming 'City didn't let him go see is brother' then I cut out the opinion portion I.e "many believe it was an attempt to force a move to PSG" coz that isn't even a fact, just opinion. Sadly without that opinion portion there is no conclusion of 'sociopath'. And no basis for the righteous indignation you and those who hold your view have.

But let's even ignore the opinion addition and focus on the part that is actual fact and not the added conjecture.

Here is what Yaya said:

I confess that I am still very sad, I'm suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days. I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed.

By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

When I read the above what I hear is pain of having lost a family member, and guilt for prioritizing less important things like s post season trip and world cup. Not some sociopathic attempt to further ones career.

You claim what he said was 'demonstrably' a lie. Can you demonstrate that?

But for what it's worth, I don't think Yaya requested time off: I can give you a common sense play by play of what happened:
1. City wins league
2. City announced mandatory Abu Dhabi celebration tour
3. Yaya believing his brother will survive bites his tongue and goes on trip
4. Yaya heads to WC after Abu Dhabi
5. Brother gets worse and passes away
6. Yaya feels guilt for not standing up and requesting those days off
7. Yaya also feels anger twds City mgmt for not proactively giving him time off with family as they knew about his ill brother.
8. Yaya feels anger twds his brother and Sister who were caring for Ibrahim bicos they purposely didn't want Yaya or Kolo to know how bad things had gotten for Ibrahim while they were away playing football.

These are emotions that rum the gamut from pain to guilt to anger. Some justified others simply a lash out.

Again that folks are so thin skinned, that all they can see is ' Yaya putting the clubs name in disrepute.' it is a pathetic view to hold to be frank. Fuck the club, we are talking about someone who just lost a family member here. Life and death. And all some care about is the light it paints the club in.I mean talk about 'sociopathic behavior.

The least any person can do is give the grieving the benefit of the doubt.

For fuck sake, even the club had the common decency to not comment on the issue at the time. At a base level they got what Yaya was saying and feeling. It really doesn't take much to get it really. That so many here don't, is a bit, well to use your word 'sociopathic.'

Last edited:
If he agitated for a move & he's so shite, why is he still here & why did he start almost every game ?
(1) No-one will pay him the money that we have guaranteed him for the rest of his contract, and (2) Weak management by a manager who failed miserably at giving young players a chance.

Sociopathic? By Definition

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sociopath

"a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial,often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience."

Is that your notion?

Can Pep find a role for him in this juggernaut..Xabi Alonso at same age was a main player for Pep at Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.