Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thoughts when I realised he was staying were to use him primarily as a sub when conditions warranted. With each passing game, I doubt more and more that he can fit into this new-style team.

Might as well just freeze him out now and continue building our future with younger players.

If he's prepared to throw away one of the last years of a glittering career over a measly few million quid, he erodes a lot of the respect he built up.

Pep must have been very honest with him and told him to find another club before the window shut or he can choose to stay but he wont feature in his plans..just like he prolly did with Mangala,
Nasri & Hart.. Similar to the Klopp & Sakho issue.
Obv he chose the latter to rake in his wages & loyalty bonuses,which he's fully entitled to.
Laughable to think Yaya will feature in the LC & FA..Pep's obsessed with winning and he wont compromise just to give Yaya,a player not in his plans,game time..Him missing from the first team photoshoot sums up his position at the club and he's even lucky that Pep lets him take part in training sessions.

Surly Pep must have had the same sort of conversation he had with likes of Hart that he wasnt going to be part of his team the the question is why did he not move on only one reason i can see is that he rakes his massive wage by doing fuck all then moves on a free with a massive fee in his and his agents pockets.

He has been an absolute joy to watch over the years but i find this sort of situation and what he has chosen a little hard to swallow.

I honestly think he still held player power here and called our bluff. It spectacularly backfired on him. Of course that is just my opinion but from previous actions i think that is a reasonable assumption even if i am totally wrong haha.

Everyone Seluk talked to said 'get fucked' at the numbers he wanted so he was left with then trying to work hard and get a team spot. i think by then Pep had already discounted him from his plans.

Last edited:
Our 'Winston Bogarde' might make the bench for the Swansea league cup fans if he's lucky, it is pitiful that money is his main motivation when he has vast amounts of it,has been s great player but will not go down as a City legend sadly.

Our 'Winston Bogarde' might make the bench for the Swansea league cup fans if he's lucky, it is pitiful that money is his main motivation when he has vast amounts of it,has been s great player but will not go down as a City legend sadly.
Still think he's a legend. Whatever he does now doesn't discount what he did in the past. 2 championships largely because of him.

In his peak years with us YAYA was probably the best player in his position in the PL & in the top 3 in the world. He was at the centre of our greatest moments in the Sheik Mansour era. He was truly immense & the player the opposition feared most. We have been privileged to have had him at the club at his peak. I hope we get the chance to show our appreciation.

Maybe he doesn't have vast amounts of it? Footballers are paid a lot but more than a few are pretty good at spending it too.

Maybe he doesn't have vast amounts of it? Footballers are paid a lot but more than a few are pretty good at spending it too.

Paying off Kolo's (Francois') student girlfriends???

Yaya has been a great player for us but those days are unfortunately gone. I'd rather see Pep bringing on Academy kids in league cup games and preparing them for first team action.
Emotionally I said goodbye to Yaya after his birthday last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.