Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
250k pw, a year older means harder to get a 3 year deal at next club and wont fit Pep's demanding tactics. Truly world class, still has it but no he should move and should have gone to PSG 2 years back.

Half time oranges?

He'll be gone. With each passing week he becomes less relevant, just like Kompany, just like Silva, just like Zabba, just like Kolarov.

They've run their race and deserve to be thanked and waved off into the sunset.
Not sure about Vinny or Silva but I would be very surprised to see YaYa, Kolorov or Zabba around for much longer.

I think with any great player, they are very hard to replace and that tends to lead to teams clinging on to them for longer than they should. LIttle glimpses of old also don't help, as they tend to prolong the whole affair longer than necessary.
I find myself almost arguing that he could still have a role as an impact sub, but that's my heart speaking.
My head says the best way to move forward is make a clean cut and let him go. As long as he's 'available' there will be a temptation to use him, and that will only hinder things.

That's not to say there can't be a role at the club, just not as a first team player.

If we could go back in time and have all the same choices available to us, I think we'd buy him again without blinking. He helped us progress significantly. A City great. I wouldn't want to see a City great die a slow death. Time to let go.
Fully agree. Unless he wants to stay in a supporting role and then maybe go into coaching (not sure either is YaYa) I don't think he has a future here.

performs when he feels like it and as a result can't be relied upon anymore especially when he's past his best. So, get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.