Dogs..... what is the point of them?

What's it feel like to pick up warm sloppy dog shit?

When there's no real substance to it its not the most enjoyable pastime, you have to kind of "blot" it into the bag. I'd like to explain this to people who glare when a dog shits until you have a bag over the brown slime and are trying to scrape it up.

But that experience is pretty nice compared to the smell.

In all honesty probably the foulest odour in existence. Even the wind can't disperse it fast enough.

He's a big teddy bear. Has a point and that's to watch over my family.

IMG_1254_zps5d0sqfju.jpg

IMG_1261_zpsien0wxmb.jpg

All dogs are different, we've had some dogs that have had no real personality, loyalty or affection... they're friendly enough and well behaved but nothing special.

We've also had other dogs that are characterful, loving, loyal, affectionate with very distinct individual personalities.
I think you got this post mixed up with the "wives.... what's is the point?" thread

Have a long haired German Shepherd, break into my house and you would see the point of dogs . She is also good company, and keeps your feet Warm in winter.

Best dogs are those little French poodles, you only need one poo bag, I would think, whereas for a Labrador you need about 15
Dogs that are as small as cats basically, best thing just get a cat

OK, I admit to disliking dogs ever since a police dog bit me at Euston 1983 after the Arsenal game, for no reason than "you must have got too near" said the old bill dog handler as blood trickled from the fang marks of my thigh as seen through my ripped jeans.....
But why do people own dogs? They are a burden, drag you into commitment (how any walks a day? Can't go on holiday abroad or pay a fortune to a kennel) they stink, shit and piss over your lawn. Then there are vet fees.
Now I love animals and as a veggie won't eat them. But dogs? I just don't get them, their purpose and why anyone would have one.

Give me a cat any day.....
Always knew you were a wrong 'un.

I would happily retire to run a dog home for pooches in need, no dog would ever suffer if it was up to me, sadly it is not.

Chopper is my absolute best mate and i'll be lost one day when he leaves me, until then he really is little lord fontleroy. He has his own full pork shoulder on the bbq now that i brined for 24 hours then rubbed with muscovado sugar and home smoked sichuan pepper corn rub. I'll give it a belt of agave syrup 2 hours before it is done and then wrap it in baking paper. That is his dindins for the weekend with his orijen six fish dry. A walkies to the canal tomorrow and a bowl of his food taken with him and some water so he can chill with his dad at the beach bit, lovely :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.