Dominik Szoboszlai

Good signings for sure.. Mac Allister at 35m is great business, and Szoboszlai seems like a proper talent. But, they finished 20odd points off us this season.. Van Dyke is not the player he was, Robertson and TAA not quite the same marauding FB’s they were before, and even Allison more susceptible to mistakes. Gakpo, Diaz and Nunez etc not really delivering… I still reckon Arsenal are more of a threat, especially adding Rice and whoever else they might add.
But they were SOOOO shit last year, I'm actually only surprised it was only 22 points...like they were fucking dreadful and all their players had shit seasons

Think their midfield was relegation standard, now they've added 2 quality additions and they've figured out how.to get the best out of Trent

Not saying "they are back" I just feel they'll be far better this year and their existing players ike your Van Dijks, Robertson, Fabinho etc. will find some form

But they were SOOOO shit last year, I'm actually only surprised it was only 22 points...like they were fucking dreadful and all their players had shit seasons

Think their midfield was relegation standard, now they've added 2 quality additions and they've figured out how.to get the best out of Trent

Not saying "they are back" I just feel they'll be far better this year and their existing players ike your Van Dijks, Robertson, Fabinho etc. will find some form
I agree mate… it’s definitely possible they’ll be back up there next season and Mac Allister and Szoboszlai is definitely a good start to their recruitment. Thou who’s to say if Arsenal can repeat 50pnts after 1/2 a season, or if Chelsea can finally put a team together with all their investment, under Poch… or if Tent Peg can perform miracles with Antony and Elanga!! It’s the beauty of the PL - one thing is for sure thou, we’ll be there challenging!

and they've figured out how.to get the best out of Trent
Tront will lose the set pieces (free kicks) to the new guy, and unless he can play the DM role (which he can't) because the RM and LM positions are locked in by the new signings, he'll be back in his original RB position.

Last edited:
I don’t think this is a good signing for them, so you have MacAllister, Trent and Szoboszlai all vying for the same position as a number 8, not unless that experiment with Trent stepping into midfield is now finished I don’t see this working out, and you have VVD and a slow Robertson on the decline, maybe Klopp should be looking at this area.

Good post. A lot of people are saying we need a completely new midfield and as fun as that sounds, I'm just as excited by what we got from TAA when Klopp copied the Stones move. He went from not good enough to best on ground. It was remarkable.

If Klopp can get this to work against the big teams we could see him get 20+ assists next year.

Very promising transfer window so far though.

Good post. A lot of people are saying we need a completely new midfield and as fun as that sounds, I'm just as excited by what we got from TAA when Klopp copied the Stones move. He went from not good enough to best on ground. It was remarkable.

If Klopp can get this to work against the big teams we could see him get 20+ assists next year.

Mac Alister wouldn’t get anywhere near our first team and £60m for a Bundesliga third placed team player is a gamble, hope both turn out to be a crock of shit for the Dippers.

Mac Alister wouldn’t get anywhere near our first team and £60m for a Bundesliga third placed team player is a gamble, hope both turn out to be a crock of shit for the Dippers.

Really? Well I never saw that coming.

The problem is not just the ageing squad though is it? Attitude / dressing room is suddenly an issue it seems. I say that because they turn up when they feel like it - games against city and rags for example and appear to down tools when they can't be arsed. This is a really toxic issue because until last season klopps key strength was motivation and persuading the whole team to run through walls for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.