Don Price's book - ''A Football Fans Story''

Shame there isn't a kindle edition I haven't bought a real book in a months! Will pick this up though, Don taught my Mrs how to drive, she was very fond of him! Gutted when he couldn't take her after she failed first time, suppose she shouldn't have driven him to retirement then eh? (No pun intended )

Cyberblue, looking forward to purchasing this. Will there be a Kindle edition being brought out ?

Kindle edition on Amazon £3.99

Kindle edition on Amazon £3.99
Cheers mate. I purchased it the other day and I'm up to where Don has moved the branch to Heaton Park Social Club. Great read so far. Certainly brings back good memories even though we were ****. Its a shame I don't get the same buzz anymore. We used to go with with Droylsden branch (Dom and co) and it used to be a great laugh with a full coach full of characters for every away game.

I met don on a few trips many years ago but he wont remember me, my mate greig was a member of the Prestwhich branch and he got me on them, there were proper days out, strippers in the morning and a comedian what a way to prepare for a match, don't remember all the names of the people I met as its going back 13 years or even longer, but rembember darbo , doughnut another chap neil, still see faces at home and away games. One away game I think burnley or maybe Oldham we were having a few beers in a pub and don had all the cash he had collected in an envelope, and it was quite a lot, don and a few others went off to another pub leaving all the cash on the table, me and our kid were finishing our beers and saw the cash left on the table so we picked it up found don and gave it to him, he said thank god we found it and that we were honest, which we are but don didn't really no us. Remember me and our kid saying to each other that if we were about to start stealing cash it wouldn't be from all them barm potts we had been drinking with all morning ( I mean that in nice way just pointing out there were some big blokes out that day ).
Had some good days out and I will be buying the book I think it will be a good read, any way all the best don

I met don on a few trips many years ago but he wont remember me, my mate greig was a member of the Prestwhich branch and he got me on them, there were proper days out, strippers in the morning and a comedian what a way to prepare for a match, don't remember all the names of the people I met as its going back 13 years or even longer, but rembember darbo , doughnut another chap neil, still see faces at home and away games. One away game I think burnley or maybe Oldham we were having a few beers in a pub and don had all the cash he had collected in an envelope, and it was quite a lot, don and a few others went off to another pub leaving all the cash on the table, me and our kid were finishing our beers and saw the cash left on the table so we picked it up found don and gave it to him, he said thank god we found it and that we were honest, which we are but don didn't really no us. Remember me and our kid saying to each other that if we were about to start stealing cash it wouldn't be from all them barm potts we had been drinking with all morning ( I mean that in nice way just pointing out there were some big blokes out that day ).
Had some good days out and I will be buying the book I think it will be a good read, any way all the best don
Cheers .there was some great times in them days ,it was Oldham away the Gents Morning ,cheers for returning the envelope .some proper lads used to go to them does ,both times at Oldham the Busses fu*kd of without us gets a mention in the book ),good job we were not in London LOL hope you enjoy the book please leave a review on here and amazon .uk many thanks regards Don

Looking forward to reading this. Went to a few nights at the P&W branch and they were great nights.

Shame there isn't a kindle edition I haven't bought a real book in a months! Will pick this up though, Don taught my Mrs how to drive, she was very fond of him! Gutted when he couldn't take her after she failed first time, suppose she shouldn't have driven him to retirement then eh? (No pun intended )
Hya mate I got stiched up like a kipper with the book ,I layed out a couple of grand for allsorts to do with the book and I only get £1-56 per book and next to nothing for kindle oh well you live & learn ha ha kindle was not suppose to go out till end of July ,would really appreciate if you gave a bit of a review on bluemoon and also amazon.uk .had to laugh when you said about Louise and her parking all the best to the both of you take care regards Don

Looking forward to reading this. Went to a few nights at the P&W branch and they were great nights.
Were you there when all the players turned up after being at The Manchester evening news award and Eric Nixon was singing living doll ? that one took some beating

Were you there when all the players turned up after being at The Manchester evening news award and Eric Nixon was singing living doll ? that one took some beating

I missed that one Don, but was there when Gow, Hutch and Mac turned up...........what a great night that was, as were many others.

Am looking forward to the book and hope it sells well mate.

Good luck Don. Always keen to see books written on City by City fans, and I think it's important we get our stories out there. I hope the book does well. Cheers
Cheers Gary much appreciated ,I am a bit disappointed with the way it was edited but have got them to change a few things for all future books ,if you read it I would really appreciate if you gave a review on here & amazon many thanks regards Don

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.