Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I like to put it is that she wanted to give him enough rope to hang himself, but gave him so much rope his feet never left the ground.

We are all speaking in hindsight of course but that was a bad strategy.It is obvious, transparent and just did not work. A lot of people bought his message so giving him more rope instead of less, yes , certainly did not work.

That is also bollocks. He received virtually the same number of votes that the last two Republican candidates received.

She lost as she received 7m less than Obama. People simply didn't vote for her.

She did not send for votes to him by calling him a racist. Saying things like that is summed up beautifully by that satirists video posted yesterday.

You believe it was just republican voters voting republican? Could be.

But his overt racism, sexism didn't put these people off. In fact people seemed more supportive because of it.

I agree, Clinton just didn't motivate the voters that Obama was able to.

It's really quite simple. Each state has a set number of delegates, based roughly on population, which are allocated on a winner takes all basis. So the most populous state is California and that has 55 delegates. If one candidate or other wins California by just one vote overall, they get all those 55 delegates. These delegates do actually meet and vote but they vote as mandated by the election result. Clinton won California so she gets 55 votes in the electoral college. And the same for all other states.

Our system is that Gtr Manchester has 27 separate constituencies and currently we elect an MP for each of those 27 on a first past the post basis. Imagine we were to change to say that whichever party got the most aggregate votes across all those 27 constituencies got to send 27 MP's to Parliament.

Pretty much the same as the bloc vote of the Labour Party in the past I think? So for example the NUM votes 40,000 in favour of candidate X and 40,001 in favour of candidate Y, and that results in 80,001 votes being counted for candidate Y.

Since the 80,000 did not in fact vote for candidate Y, then when added up across all the unions, it's easy to see how you could have more people voting for candidate X and yet you still elect candidate Y.

Seems pretty stupid to me and I can understand why Labour ditched it. I wonder why the yanks have not?

I feel like people generalising a whole group of people as racist is starting to get as annoying as racists generalising a whole group of people.

I note that you said 'many,' I'm talking in general as of late with regards to Brexit and Trump. With relevance, Trump's election appears to have at least put the brakes on TTIP which is exactly what I hoped for from both results, though impossible to predict. If it goes through in the EU, at least we've got a better chance of being out before then.

And I'm getting tired of people dismissing the racism, sexism etc of those that supported him.

Liberal/left candidate gets in with 20% that's OK, rw candidate gets in with 20% and the reasonable, intelligent folk of the left start riots.
Hypocrisy.

Liberal/left candidate gets in with 20% that's OK, rw candidate gets in with 20% and the reasonable, intelligent folk of the left start riots.
Hypocrisy.

Anyone rioting should give their head a wobble. However Trump did say if he lost then the election was rigged and others in his camp said they'd go to court and march on Washington - so it's not like his side would have politely accepted the result either.

Devastating Win.
I wonder what the conspiracy theory tin pots that have built a career for themselves over the past 8 years would do now after the results in this election. Will Alex Jones the buffoon retire and go to the mountains.. maybe he can become an important ally or play a role in the Trump administration, I would not be surprised, it is that kind of era. What about the ''progressives'' that spent the whole election pseudo-intellectualizing about the dilemma of a choice between ''two evils'' in the most divided and partisan periods in modern American history, what will they do now?, protest, go back to their basements maybe.. and become conspiracy theorists themselves. Go back to opposing and shouting out loud, like the extreme end of the ''right'' and hope their voices are heard. Yes this should and probably will herald a new start for the democratic party but all those people,''progressives'' that have allowed themselves to be possessed with the fume of senseless partisanship, inflammatory rhetoric and baseless and extreme attacks over the past 8 years, that threw their toys out of the pram because their candidate did not win the primary, that are really..really driven to the core by the need to tell ''Clinton supporters'' '' I told you so''. Well now you have said, ''I told you so''....yeah..OK..so now what?... what is your agenda or plans going forward. What power and cards you have now to play in a Trump administration? when a large group of the Trump supporters especially the deplorable sub set, Trump himself and many others dismiss and will continue to dismiss you as spoiled brats, or spoiled ''left''.

I never believed in left or right politics or ''liberalism'' or ''conservatism'' and I certainly don't respect people that have been corrupted by the bad spirit of partisanship. But using that equation of left and right, I believe that there are very few genuine ''liberals'' , very few indeed and most of them are doing it out of circumstance e.g rebellion against system or against their parents or historical movement of tectonic plates especially in social issues e.g the racial issues, with minorities going for Democratic, which is entirely understandable but most are just theoretical liberals , they don't feel anything or believe anything but just should out loud and raise and point fingers. Bernie Sanders is a real liberal if there is such a thing and he understood that although he did not like Hilary Clinton, he did identify and fully understand the Trump innuendo and message and he made it abundantly clear that this is not the election to like the smell of your farts, this is not the election to pseudo-intellectualize or rationalize (''after all I wont be affected by the Trump innuendo'' some think deep down)and act like it is a dilemma, this is an election to go out and vote in-order to push on the ''liberal'' or ''progressive'' agenda going forward, to get Clinton elected because the other option is the other way round, everything is reversed, halted if you want to be optimistic and can be potentially devastating. Trump's win was momentous, epic and devastating not only for the spirit of America but for fake or theoretical liberalism.

I was not necessarily surprised but still shocked by Trumps victory. He ran a great campaign, obviously not in a moral sense but in a mechanical way. He was everywhere, the guy has a lot of energy man. He is the mediameister: he played the media from the very beginning- from the inflammatory and bigoted rhetoric at the beginning of his campaign (in-order to draw attention to himself).to his special ability to make himself the victim and also his ability to set the rules of engagement. It was all about Trump, the other side was reactionary, passive, immobile, complacent whereas Trump was in there, not backing away from anybody. He pressed his message in the rust belts- in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan etc about trade and the loss of America but most importantly he appealed to the dark side of America and made it cool again. Cool to dismiss any cry for justice or fairness as political correctness, cool to make baseless and uncivil insults and accusations to political opponents, he made it cool to hate again, he made it cool to intimate or protest the un-whitening of America, through immigration. He exploited the insulation of America and thus the consequent fear about security in light of events around the world in terms of terrorism (Despite the fact that ''terrorism'' indoors and not from the ''other'' is still a bigger threat, but it is always the other that is at fault and not the imbeciles with guns shooting schools and other public areas). Trump is speaking their minds, they say.He understood the ID (psychological term for innate desire or tendency) or the underlying emotion of many parts of America and he exploited their hidden emotions, exploited the misguided remonstration against political correctness and exploited the believes and ''principles'' that is passed on from parents to children, from generation to generation, with a worm tongue, whispering to their children about how America was great in the past and one day it will be great again, No apologies!!, no guilt!! (and there shouldn't be but there should always be respect and empathy and a honest desire to change and right wrongs) and a matter of fact no wrong done in the past.. The Civil war (Confederacy )..justified!!!, segregation..justified!!..compartmentalization of societies and communities justified!!!...''it is all justified my child..all the people complaining are just being political correct'' but one day my child the south shall rise again..America will be great again, pass this principle to your children when you grow up so that the dream shall live on''. Donald Trump's father probably told him the same wormtongue message when he was growing up so he understood this ID that is why he went full on with this inneundo of '' Make America Great Again'' because he knows it will hit hard in many groups in America and it did.

There are also a genuine group of Trump supporters that are disillusioned about the country and the government, they feel detached about jobs, about specific issues like trade and healthcare. They saw how England and Wales shrunk away in fear, like an old woman, and voted to leave the European Union and misguidedly felt emboldened to ally themselves with someone like Trump. They hate the media (rightly so ) and therefore more likely to listen to Trump who expertly stressed the media flaws throughout the campaign, despite wholly benefiting from the media... genius!! . Unfortunately these genuine folks get grouped in with the other deplorable but they do exist and Trump did speak to them as well. The argument in this case is the validity of an case regardless of the situation to vote for someone like Trump.

Clinton on the other hand ran a terrible campaign, complacent and almost lazy. She underestimated the importance of social media ( I hate social media by the way,)4chan, twitter etc, youtube as well, especially for young people. She rightly identified the deplorable sect of the Trump's army but she was too passive and reactionary in actually counteracting the supposingly genuine grievances of people in states like Pennsylvania and Michagan and just presumed that they will at the end of the day, vote for her. Wisconsin as well despite the demographics being grossly against her especially in this campaign dominated by the Trump's Innuendo. So she could have being a good president but she is not a good campaigner and surrounded herself with lizards(joke) like Modesta who I want to slap every time I see him and just not enough smart people working for her in my opinion. They kept going own about Racism, Sexism, and all those but Clinton should be and is insightful enough to know the American mentality and that people have already made their minds on such issues. A lot of people have worn the fake cloak of remonstration against political correctness so see all these outcry as just that,political correctness and have also been compartmentalized(by their parents and communities) so they don't understand or empathize with such things. The other side or group have already concluded that Trump is racist or sexist. People have already dug their trenches and are holding their line on this issue regardless of how many videos come out, or evidence or whether Clinton goes on and on about Trumps intent or rhetoric or innuendo. It makes no difference. That is the American way- compartmentalization. What she should have focused on was policy, policy and more policy, especially formulating a counter argument for trade, and there is a lot!!! and awful lot to bury Trump on but she did not do that.
Trump has a lot of smart people working behind the scenes. He also has a lot of powerful people as well (many of them decided to remain quiet and hidden) BUT Trump played the''the system is rigged'', ''they are biased against me'' line brilliantly. His son in law (who did a great job it has to be said) has a lot of connections and played a lot of games behind the scenes. Also as manifested, the FBI, other institutions and also other governments like Russia and Isreal who know how to play this game,did their dark works and did what they had to do as well and all this played any important role with the Trumps victory.

As I have already said, the fake liberals also played an important role in handing trump this victory by loving the smell of their farts and consequently deciding not to show up and vote. More people voted for Romney than for Trump so despite his good campaign the turn out was not impressive on his side but to his advantage (and dismay..because I still retain that Trump DID NOT WANT TO WIN), the Clinton coalition dispersed to the winds: The blacks did not show up, the Latino could not be shifted despite the Trump rhetoric, women did not shift and the fake liberals who lost the primary also did not show up as well and made it a personal mission to plant doubt and discourage people under the fake guise of being unbiased or ''voting for what you believe in'' and so decided to write in Harambe in their voting cards rather than the candidate that will at least move the ''liberal'' agenda forward. So the Democrats have no one but themselves to blame for this result.

There is a talk about changing demographics in America but it is not the popular vote that wins elections but electoral colleges so the issue should be the spread or dispersion of diversity among the states rather than just diversity numbers because if the concentration is in New York or California or South Texas then it does not matter at the end of the day because it is state by state basis and in such an election, the lack of spread of this diversity throughout the states also played a role and is something that people should look at.

Now Trump will be president it remains to be seen what will happen. I wager that he will become more moderate and I will not deny that I am curious and intrigued to see what he will do. I know he did not want the job but now he got it, he has a perfect opportunity, he has the glorious power to really prove his doubters wrong and at least do great things. I will not hold my breath. He won the election, not the popular vote but the people have no choice but dig out a presumption of good faith (as Barack Obama said) and hope and pray for the best out of this situation.

I am desperately disappointed for Clinton and disappointed generally by the result, even today I am still upset. She was so close to making history and her long career in politics have come to an end.She did not have enough Knights to fend off the devilry of inflammatory rhetoric, baseless accusations,mis-characterizations and attacks at the end of the day and people bought the false and fake ''two evils'' narrative and she came out on the losing end of that. Clever woman, (very very brilliant student as well), brave, fighter and dedicated her life to serving the community. Broke away from the wormtongue indoctrination of her upbringing and changed sides at a young age and fought against discrimination, fought for children all her life. It is a shame it ends this way but I still have a lot of respect for Hilary Clinton and wish her the best.

Donald .J. Trump, the one everyone doubted, ridiculed and dismissed won. Oh geeeeeeezzzz!!!!
Did you mean to email this to your tutor?

Anyone rioting should give their head a wobble. However Trump did say if he lost then the election was rigged and others in his camp said they'd go to court and march on Washington - so it's not like his side would have politely accepted the result either.

Actually I think they are far more bonkers than the Hillary supporters and had the result been reversed, I think we'd have seen much more violent protests and maybe even Hillary assassination attempt(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.