Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US has form for voting in absolute clowns, Nixon, Reagan, Bush so this fuckwit getting a turn in the oval office ain't as big a suprise as you would think. The difference being he ain't been in public office before.

Let's see how all the trump supporters who expected all his piss and wind speeches to come true react, when they realise the president may be powerful, but Cogress is the real ruler and I would doubt some of his rhetoric will be passed by them.

In the end this year has hopefully proved that capitalisms 30 year experiment with a neoliberal model alienating the many while rewarding the few that has left many disenfranchised and anti the old establishment heads.

Also Clinton won the popular vote but the electoral college is as fucking useless as our fislrst past the post shote

I genuinely cannot stand Donald Trump. Can't stand the man.

But, if you have millionaire liberal elites on tv, in the newspapers, on the radio, in the music charts, in the coffee shops, indeed all over the place telling the working poor "you are too stupid to have an opinion worth listening to, I know how the world should be run because I went to a good school and I'm therefore so highly intelligent I can easily afford to patronise you and your kin" do not be surprised if, after decades and decades of such behaviour those poor, disadvantaged people don't eventually take the chance to say "enough".

Rich, liberal, patronising bastards (I'm looking at you Michael Moore and others) gave this election to trump.

I can't stand the man, but I hate the patronising bastards who believe they have the right to talk for me and my kind even more.

Well it is what it is - I predict that like Brexit and the launch of article 50 there will be all sorts of suggestions and rumours between now and inauguration day.

I personally doubt that the wall will never be built - the Mexicans won't pay so it won't be Trumps fault. The steel mills and coal mines won't restart and bring those jobs back - the Chinese will be dumping over production on world markets so that won't be Donald's fault either. Likewise more electronics won't be manufactured in the US - not Donald's fault those damn Chinese will undercut US wage rates and Americans will continue to like their Honda's and other Japanese cars as much as they do, chosing to shun the American metal that guzzles gas and has interiors trimmed in a burgundy vulgarlora cloth - Donald will continue the blame game as his "plan" unwinds over the next four years. None of it will be his fault - it never is.

What will happen is he will shut down Obamacare so many many more American citizens won't have any healthcare cover - its replacement will probably only be able to be purchased using currency made of pure Unobtainium. The rich and the corporation's will pay much less in taxes and good news is many many more Americans will get minimum wage jobs as somebody will be needed to mow the lawns and clean the pools - jobs that would have been done by Mexicans and the like all of whom no longer are able to come in and do that work.

A One Term President.

I genuinely cannot stand Donald Trump. Can't stand the man.

But, if you have millionaire liberal elites on tv, in the newspapers, on the radio, in the music charts, in the coffee shops, indeed all over the place telling the working poor "you are too stupid to have an opinion worth listening to, I know how the world should be run because I went to a good school and I'm therefore so highly intelligent I can easily afford to patronise you and your kin" do not be surprised if, after decades and decades of such behaviour those poor, disadvantaged people don't eventually take the chance to say "enough".

Rich, liberal, patronising bastards (I'm looking at you Michael Moore and others) gave this election to trump.

I can't stand the man, but I hate the patronising bastards who believe they have the right to talk for me and my kind even more.

First, the rich voted for Trump. The Republican party has over the last few decades become the party for the super rich and big business. In so far as to what exit polls got right, the wealthy continued this and voted overwhelming for Trump.

Second, to be fair to Michael Moore he predicted and said a year ago that Trump would win.

Much as I like her, there's no way Michelle Obama could be sold as an anti-establishment figure. Family dynasties are a huge part of the problem.

She wouldn't be part of a 'dynasty' as she hasn't held any part of office and has ruffled feathers, many a time, in her own way! I'd agree that that would make a difference if she and her hubs were holding political spaces, at the same time.

She crosses enough platforms being 'hip and trendy' for young people, and older woman so appeals to her age group, her ethnicity is obvious, but her working class background, most of all, would allow her to relate to the disenfranchised.

It's a no brainer and that's enough to put her as a viable candidate to the Democrats.

The only obstacle is Warren, if she wants to do it.

First, the rich voted for Trump. The Republican party has over the last few decades become the party for the super rich and big business. In so far as to what exit polls got right, the wealthy continued this and voted overwhelming for Trump.

Second, to be fair to Michael Moore he predicted and said a year ago that Trump would win.
The rich voted for Trump?

I thought he'd done particularly well with white working class, non college educated, males?

I suppose it depends on the classification of rich, but seeing as he lost the popular vote and won the states that are generally less affluent I'm at a loss to marry the two up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.