Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle with the courts is the issue Trump wants. He wants to see the 'will of the people' thwarted. Next step, special powers to circumvent the courts. We saw legitimate legal challenges to Brexit being heralded in some quarters as treason etc. I said at the time the Travel ban was not the intended outcome. I think what is, is getting increasingly clear. The checks and balances of the courts have to prevail. Not an anti Trump (though I am) stance but a pro democracy stance. Democracy is not just about the outcome of an election, it is also about due processes.

Thank God that there is some reason and sense that will reign this man in. The court has ruled that "Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the executive order, the government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all.” I find it incredible that any sane leader would seek to take that view in the first place, how dangerous is that as a viewpoint? To think that the courts have no role as a check on the president speaks volumes about the man. He wants to be an autocrat in a democracy.

Thank God that there is some reason and sense that will reign this man in. The court has ruled that "Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the executive order, the government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all.” I find it incredible that any sane leader would seek to take that view in the first place, how dangerous is that as a viewpoint? To think that the courts have no role as a check on the president speaks volumes about the man. He wants to be an autocrat in a democracy.
Wait until the court does a 360 on its decision, then you'll be sorry.

It's an interesting stance to take.
Let me know when Trump starts wearing purple, then we'll know he's gone full Emperor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.