Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same, pal. Saying a visit to the Galápagos Islands is in anyway determinative as to the reliability of the theory of evolution, is like saying you have to visit Israel to properly evaluate the Bible.
Worse than that. It's like someone saying they have doubts about space flight based on the workings of early steam engines (similar date range).

Worse than that. It's like someone saying they have doubts about space flight based on the workings of early steam engines (similar date range).
hmmmm, really? Now you're just making shit up - but fuck it, if you want to believe that there is nothing beyond what you yet understand then I guess evolution has come to an end
with you. Not a bad effort, in fairness.

hmmmm, really? Now you're just making shit up - but fuck it, if you want to believe that there is nothing beyond what you yet understand then I guess evolution has come to an end
with you. Not a bad effort, in fairness.
Not making anything up as GDM notes but it seems that it's annoyed you. You said your friend had studied Darwin and there were some holes. Of course there fucking were. That was a century and a half ago. "On the origin of the species" opens the door to the field but evolutionary biology isn't even in the same book, let alone the same page with Darwin anymore.

Here's a thing, evolution is real. It's testable. It's provable. It's the most studied thing on the planet. Not once has a fossil been found in the wrong order and even the fucking Vatican accepts the truth.

If you want to be fruity and believe the various creation myths then go right ahead but pick carefully as there are over 5,000 recorded in human history to choose from.

And there's fuck loads beyond what I can understand or imagine, but that doesn't mean I fill the gaps with religious arse water.

Last edited:
Not making anything up as GDM notes but it seems that it's annoyed you. You said your friend had studied Darwin and there were some holes. Of course there fucking were. That was a century and a half ago. "On the origin of the species" opens the door to the field but evolutionary biology isn't even in the same book, let alone the same page with Darwin anymore.

Here's a thing, evolution is real. It's testable. It's provable. It's the most studied thing on the planet. Not once has a fossil been found in the wrong order and even the fucking Vatican accepts the truth.

If you want to be fruity and believe the various creation myths then go right ahead but pick carefully as there are over 5,000 recorded in human history to choose from.

And there's fuck loads beyond what I can understand or imagine, but that doesn't mean I fill the gaps with religious arse water.
It amazes me that in this day and age some people still think evolution is just a theory that will one day be disproved. The same people that think the earth is flat, only 6000 years old or both and a little wooden boat housed 2 of every animal. Oh and talking snakes.

It amazes me that in this day and age some people still think evolution is just a theory that will one day be disproved. The same people that think the earth is flat, only 6000 years old or both and a little wooden boat housed 2 of every animal. Oh and talking snakes.
Yep and those people voted for Trump which says it all.

No. It's a fact. You've obviously spent ten minutes studying it or reading up on it.

Start with Lenski
I will have a look at Lenski. What I will also suggest is that there is Life beyond the theories of the intellectual mind, that can neither be understood nor proven by the intellectual mind. If you like you could call this a study of irrational, rational and trans-rational thought. I find this interesting in the context of the Trump/Clinton - in that some might say she was more rational, he more irrational and yet he won. In this instance I wonder if the next stage of human evolution involves moving from the rational (of which the theory of evolution may be said to be an example) to the trans-rational.

If anyone wanted to disprove evolution a good place to start would be Trump. How he is at the end of an evolutionary process is difficult to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.