Donald Trump

Was always going to be the case. He was nothing but a spoiler candidate all along (not sure who put him up to it), but now Trump his going up against Harris, he's got zero chance of having an impact. All he can do is hitch himself to the Trump Train and hope for the best.

This isnt new. Nixon did it with the Paris peace talks during Vietnam. Read up on Anna Chennault. He did learn almost everything from Nixons playbook though, and for that we can thank Roger Stone
And Nixon was a **** for that.

Playing politics with people's lives is a war crime in my book.

Another question to show my ignorance of the US system of election and government.
The incoming president selects their cabinet of Department heads etc., for approval by the Senate.
1. How or when is the Senate voted for.
2. Do the members of the cabinet not have to have been voted for by the public in the first place, to be representatives? If not, I find this part the most difficult part to accept as democracy in action. It’s open to abuse, surely.

I hope it’s understood what I’m asking.

What I’m used to here is a party putting candidates up in constituencies and the constituencies voting in whatever number of representatives they are allowed by Proportional Representation.
The numbers are crunched at the end of polling. People are deemed elected to the constituencies they represent. A government is formed. They pick a Taoiseach ( president/prime minister). The Taoiseach picks his cabinet from those that the public elected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.