Donald Trump

Stats
Physics
OAPs

Literally anything that is genuinely a plural will add an -s to the shortened form. Even heard someone shorten Timberlands to Timbs once (as in the shoes). Obviously we call all agree that person was a wanker.

The question is whether mathematics is a plural in the first place, and like most linguistics, it's full of people trying to 'logically' prove that their preferred way of saying something is 'correct' when there's no such thing as correct, just common.

Having said that, I'm not going to take any lectures from Americans on the use of plurals, when they can't even decide within a single sentence whether something is a singular or plural. "Man City is playing much better than they were in the first half." Fuck off.
I can’t abide by any **** that uses a football club in the singular. Horrible Americanism.

All in all, America and Canada incorrectly use Math. Nothing more to it.

giphy.gif

For fucks sake where’s the Donald Trump thread gone.
Let’s get it back on track. 45 is a weirdo, his VP pick is just as strange. And Mike Lindell needs to get back on the rocks.

He’s got the possibility of being beaten in a competition by a women, of colour, of ( non white) immigrant back ground, and it’s killing him. Pleasing.

Mathematics is a plural as it covers lots of different topics, arithmetic, calculus, trigonometry, statistics and so on. Historically in printing when shortening long words the trend would have been to use an apostrophe to denote removed characters (from within the middle of the word) so we get to Math’s. with a full stop ending. People would originally read the word in full but laziness and familiarity with the contraction eventually lead to the abbreviation being spoken as written. And then the apostrophe gets lost.
Yeah. That’s history. Or hist’ as I like to call it.

Stats
Physics
OAPs

Literally anything that is genuinely a plural will add an -s to the shortened form. Even heard someone shorten Timberlands to Timbs once (as in the shoes). Obviously we call all agree that person was a wanker.

The question is whether mathematics is a plural in the first place, and like most linguistics, it's full of people trying to 'logically' prove that their preferred way of saying something is 'correct' when there's no such thing as correct, just common.

Having said that, I'm not going to take any lectures from Americans on the use of plurals, when they can't even decide within a single sentence whether something is a singular or plural. "Man City is playing much better than they were in the first half." Fuck off.

They can be a singular....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.