Donald Trump

Just as an aside, and sorry to go off on a tangent, but why do Americans say "He could care less....." when they actually mean "He couldn't care less..."
It doesn't make sense in the context and drives me mad when I read it.
Because they're stupid cunts for the most part

It's right up there with "a whole nother"

Just as an aside, and sorry to go off on a tangent, but why do Americans say "He could care less....." when they actually mean "He couldn't care less..."
It doesn't make sense in the context and drives me mad when I read it.

This video is 14 years old but continues to be relevant for this discussion

It drives me nuts as well!!

I am not sure what the turd map is. I’ve not heard of it.

I believe it is an API-driven map that shows you where people have reported finding human and animal excrement on the streets of SF. Complete with descriptions and the occasional picture.

Not something I have thought to actually look at myself, I've just... heard about it.

I believe it is an API-driven map that shows you where people have reported finding human and animal excrement on the streets of SF. Complete with descriptions and the occasional picture.

Not something I have thought to actually look at myself, I've just... heard about it.
Yuck!! ;-)

Haha, thanks. ;-)
Thought I was going mad. It's just that I've seen it in so many books, from reputable authors too.

And while we are at it (and looking at where you live)....what's the San Francisco turd map??
I looked it up. Yeah, pretty gross. My experience was pretty unpleasant a couple of years ago (years 0-2 post COVID) in certain parts of town but we are starting to see some pretty good-sized improvement. Really happened after a few big conferences pulled out of Moscone Center events because sponsors were tired of attendees getting accosted by panhandlers/homeless folks. City finally woke up some. But for locals not having a bunch of shorts-wearing tourists fucking up Golden Gate Bridge traffic was nice for a bit. Pretty much all back to normal and the City looks much better now. Commercial office is awful but the restaurants/shops that were boarded up are starting to fill up again.

I looked it up. Yeah, pretty gross. My experience was pretty unpleasant a couple of years ago (years 0-2 post COVID) in certain parts of town but we are starting to see some pretty good-sized improvement. Really happened after a few big conferences pulled out of Moscone Center events because sponsors were tired of attendees getting accosted by panhandlers/homeless folks. City finally woke up some. But for locals not having a bunch of shorts-wearing tourists fucking up Golden Gate Bridge traffic was nice for a bit. Pretty much all back to normal and the City looks much better now. Commercial office is awful but the restaurants/shops that were boarded up are starting to fill up again.
That's good to read.

I just can't understand why people would "shit on their own doorstep"...literally, lol.

Lots of places seem to be going through some very odd times though, but lack of funding has to be a factor. People have been let down, but that doesn't excuse other stuff that goes on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.