Donald Trump

Just as an aside, and sorry to go off on a tangent, but why do Americans say "He could care less....." when they actually mean "He couldn't care less..."
It doesn't make sense in the context and drives me mad when I read it.
They misunderestimate everything.

No. Mathematics is singular. It describes a thing—a field of study—not many things. The S on the end doesn't indicate plurality.

Mathematics is a mass noun and usually takes a singular verb. You don't say mathematics 'are' my favorite subject.. You say "mathematics IS my favorite subject."
So when you shorten the noun, it's redundant to add the 's'.

That said, it's a preference thing. Americans and Canadians have the common sense to not add the 's' at the end since the whole point is to abbreviate... The English on the other hand do add it.. But it's just a preference. It's neither logical nor more correct.
That just doesn’t add up.

The orange stain can remember a helicopter crash that never happened with a man that was never with him yet he can't remember being on Epstein's flight log 7 times.

View attachment 129449

Remarkable that flying around on Epstein's old jet during his campaign trips doesn't jog his memory.

Just as an aside, and sorry to go off on a tangent, but why do Americans say "He could care less....." when they actually mean "He couldn't care less..."
It doesn't make sense in the context and drives me mad when I read it.

Seems to me that this is a cut down term from “like I could care less” at some point the qualifier got cut off and the term continued to be used without it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.