Donald Trump

Some of the more stupid and cuntish of the denizens on some US political threads with an anti-Democratic axe to grind have been yammering on about weak Muslim support for Harris -- ok fine, let's discuss what's happening to Veteran support for Trump. Hint: it's waning, and a lot more important to the final outcome of the election.

Yes, thought exactly the same. He said Ukraine shouldn’t have happened, and would have been avoided (in his watch), without the interviewer probing the reasoning and the gateway for that. Trump, of course, wouldn’t have answered that, and would have talked around it, but a robust and effective interviewer would have pinned him down at that point.
I'd be interested to hear his answer. I'm assuming he means he would have given Putin a free hand, but trump was a bit anti-nato or at least against the US funding European security so maybe he means he would have stopped NATO's expansion to the east.

So we have evidence Trump says things that are demonstrably false.

We can add it to the 204,391,657 other pieces of evidence.
It’s too late now, but someone should have created a trump-lie-o-meter website from the very moment he descended the golden elevator in 2015.

I presume no one did it, due to the sheer volume of lies that they’d have to document per minute of him speaking/tweeting/‘truth’ing.

Everyone expects politicians to lie, (or I hope they do, but evidence seems to suggest not..), and that they will ramp it up during elections. Only trump has elevated the lie telling to an art form, because there is no pushback from anyone directly to him , due to him taking the easy interviews, tweeting one-way etc

Merchan’s sentencing of Trump for his 34 felony convictions is now officially delayed until after the election. On the basis that it could be politically prejudicial to sentence him now. It seemed sadly inevitable and now it’s come to pass.

I’ll tell you what is politically prejudicial, being found guilty of 34 crimes relating to election interference by a jury of your peers. I didn’t realise running for office was such a sure way of delaying every course of legal action against you, it’s the ultimate loophole, just keep running in different elections and you can never be sentenced.

The way the US legal system bends over backwards to accommodate a proven criminal is as baffling as it is troubling. The judge should not at any point be considering or even mentioning the election when coming to this decision, a future election is entirely irrelevant to the serving of justice for past actions.

Their whole judicial system is horribly broken.
TBF, the prosecution didn't demand sentencing prior to the election. They were okay with it. The conviction is the important thing -- convicted by a jury of his peers. That his cult still doesn't give a fuck is the real problem. If he had been sentenced, his cult STILL wouldn't give a fuck. So I don't think it changes anything.

It’s too late now, but someone should have created a trump-lie-o-meter website from the very moment he descended the golden elevator in 2015.

I presume no one did it, due to the sheer volume of lies that they’d have to document per minute of him speaking/tweeting/‘truth’ing.

Everyone expects politicians to lie, (or I hope they do, but evidence seems to suggest not..), and that they will ramp it up during elections. Only trump has elevated the lie telling to an art form, because there is no pushback from anyone directly to him , due to him taking the easy interviews, tweeting one-way etc
Trump had a 20+ year period of demonstrable lying as a public figure before he descended the staircase.

There used to be one online, but I think they just got bored.

It'd be easier to do a trump-truth-o-meter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.