Donald Trump

Chutkan will hold a trial within a trial to decide whether the indictment is valid or whether the acts evidenced are covered by immunity. It is for the judge to decide whether to hear oral argument (probably yes) and on what points. I would expect a decision in favour of the prosecution. After that, I expect Trump to appeal, arguing that he has immunity. Anticipate it finishing in POTUS with looney tunes Maga judges. This will run and run. Trump may die before a trial begins. Two years of argument? What a system but @Dax777 tells us it is a minor issue.
But the defence will have to show that the things alleged are "official" acts as president.

So either they deny the evidence (he never said/did that) or will have to admit he asked people to commit electoral fraud but claim it was not a criminal act because he did it as president. Does a US president have immunity for an official act of electoral fraud? I'm not sure even his chosen supreme court judges would like to set that precedent.

The charm of this move is that we don't have to wait for a trial to see the evidence. It's all there now, before the election.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.