Donald Trump

Seems it. Then again, it could just be another Trump grift.
She foreshadowed this in her autobiography, but a book is less impactful. An unequivocal statement as a broadcast is on another level. Delivered stridently too.

A view that is essentially is wholly at odds with Trump’s electoral base.

Has this ever happened before? Is there another example of the spouse of a someone running for national office speaking out like that? When the campaign is fast approaching its denouement?

She foreshadowed this in her autobiography, but a book is less impactful. An unequivocal statement as a broadcast is on another level. Delivered stridently too.

A view that is essentially is wholly at odds with Trump’s electoral base.

Has this ever happened before? Is there another example of the spouse of a someone running for national office speaking out like that? When the campaign is fast approaching its denouement?
As @The Future’s Blue! alluded to, it could be a bait and switch, given it is more vague than clear.

Even if it is, though, there is no “taking this out of context” when played in it’s entirety, as that is the context (nothing more is offered), so this is a godsend for anyone that wants to use it in pro-choice or anti-Trump adverts.

And anyone with a half a brain working with Melania (or Trump, for that matter), will know that.

Is this more a gambit that her words won’t turn off strident anti-women’s freedom voters but might bring a few independents worried about Trump and Vance’s actions and rhetoric about women and their rights (and the proposed destruction of them in Project 2025)?

Maybe.

But, if it is, I think it is a miscalculation (shock, horror, the Trump camp getting a strategy move wrong). I think this makes them look fractured and uncoordinated at best, and in outright conflict, in an unprecedented way (as you point out), at worst.

No matter what, many, many anti-Trump and pro-women groups are going to be using this nonstop until such time as she says anything to contradict it.

And probably still even after that.

As @The Future’s Blue! alluded to, it could be a bait and switch, given it is more vague than clear.

Even if it is, though, there is no “taking this out of context” when played in it’s entirety, as that is the context (nothing more is offered), so this is a godsend for anyone that wants to use it in pro-choice or anti-Trump adverts.

And anyone with a half a brain working with Melania (or Trump, for that matter), will know that.

Is this more a gambit that her words won’t turn off strident anti-women’s freedom voters but might bring a few independents worried about Trump and Vance’s actions and rhetoric about women and their rights (and the proposed destruction of them in Project 2025)?

Maybe.

But, if it is, I think it is a miscalculation (shock, horror, the Trump camp getting a strategy move wrong). I think this makes them look fractured and uncoordinated at best, and in outright conflict, in an unprecedented way (as you point out), at worst.

No matter what, many, many anti-Trump and pro-women groups are going to be using this nonstop until such time as she says anything to contradict it.

And probably still even after that.
The potential gains for Trump are too marginal for it to be a bait and switch. Especially as the potential downside is unquestionably terminal.

Nobody cares what anyone who formerly supported or was linked to Trump in any way, shape or form, and now disagrees with him in any way, thinks. Even his wife.

No one cares about abortion or any other issue other than immigration — assuming the immigrant in question is recent and has non-white skin — and “the economy” — or wait, not “the” economy; that’s doing fine; their own personal economy. Oh — and war. The US is responsible for all of them everywhere so the only remedy is to never involve ourselves in any conflict ever again in any way on any side.

I wish you people could read and listen; it’s so obvious. A few of the nut-kickable fucksticks who post here told us so.

Nobody cares what anyone who formerly supported or was linked to Trump in any way, shape or form, and now disagrees with him in any way, thinks. Even his wife.

No one cares about abortion or any other issue other than immigration — assuming the immigrant in question is recent and has non-white skin — and “the economy” — or wait, not “the” economy; that’s doing fine; their own personal economy. Oh — and war. The US is responsible for all of them everywhere so the only remedy is to never involve ourselves in any conflict ever again in any way on any side.

I wish you people could read and listen; it’s so obvious. A few of the nut-kickable fucksticks who post here told us so.

5e985d5b-2aff-42d8-abf3-788114d8aae8_text.gif

But I have recently enrolled in a prestigious program to remedy that issue…

df004f45dfc7e87479e349f3f444a3b3.jpg

The straight answer has to be yes. There must have been something stupid they rejected. That doesn’t mean fuck all btw.
My point was this could have been the ‘stupid’ they didn’t reject.

I think it is unlikely. But with Trump and co, it is not impossible, as we all know.

Whenever people think he and his troupe of malicious idiots have plumbed the deepest depths, they find an even deeper trench to explore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.