Donald Trump

The tariffs have and will continue to act to increase the costs of vehicles, both imported and domestically produced (as is the case with tariffs in general).

I have a degrees in economics and economic adjacent fields of study so I am happy to debate this until the end of time. There are very real economic issues with outcomes of globalisation but tariffs are not in any way, shape, or form a solution to them.

Trump policies had little to do with the initially improved ethnic minority employment rate—economic growth brought about during Obama’s administration is generally considered to be the driving force behind the lowering levels of unemployment for African-Americans. It is widely held that Trump’s shambles coronavirus response (and other policies) did have a negative impact on minority employment, however. Even so, average minority employment is actually higher under Biden than during Trump’s administration.

The First Step Act was bipartisan legislation that originated prior to Trump’s term and had little-to-nothing to do with Trump, he just took credit for it, as he does with many, many things he had nothing really to do with. And even then, Trump and the MAGA movement have begun to distance themselves from it, despite bragging about it when he is around minority voters.

Fair play. I won't argue on economics. You can find online what the positives are of Trump's tenure. It's just a click away

The tariffs have and will continue to act to increase the costs of vehicles, both imported and domestically produced (as is the case with tariffs in general).

I have a degrees in economics and economic adjacent fields of study so I am happy to debate this until the end of time. There are very real economic issues with outcomes of globalisation but tariffs are not in any way, shape, or form a solution to them.

Trump policies had little to do with the initially improved ethnic minority employment rate—economic growth brought about during Obama’s administration is generally considered to be the driving force behind the lowering levels of unemployment for African-Americans. It is widely held that Trump’s shambles coronavirus response (and other policies) did have a negative impact on minority employment, however. Even so, average minority employment is actually higher under Biden than during Trump’s administration.

The First Step Act was bipartisan legislation that originated prior to Trump’s term and had little-to-nothing to do with Trump, he just took credit for it, as he does with many, many things he had nothing really to do with. And even then, Trump and the MAGA movement have begun to distance themselves from it, despite bragging about it when he is around minority voters.

Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Kia... All big-name manufacturers around these parts. There are at least 12 foreign manufacturer dealerships that I know of within a 20-mile radius of where I work, and that's just the motoring industry. Go to somewhere like Target or Walmart and have a look at what's on their shelves. A large percentage of it is manufactured outside of the continental USA.

Tariffs will have a devastating effect on inflation.

You are forgetting turnout. There is not a chance 50% of the electorate want this orange chucklefuck as president this time round.

Just look at the popular vote figures since 2016.
I agree, but then you get the vagaries of the electoral college system and motivation for turnout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.