Donald Trump

That was easy :)

Anyway, to my mind:

i) An intellectual, in this context, would be anyone who takes a position based entirely on rational argument rather than more basic and, dare I say, more human reasoning. You can make your own mind up to whom I am referring :)

ii) I didn't refer to intellectual voters, I referred to voters who weren't intellectuals and so who don't take a position based entirely on rational argument and who value more basic and, dare I say, more human reasoning.

iii) So, intellectualisation of an issue would be taking a position based entirely on rational argument rather than more basic and, dare I say, more human reasoning.

As you can see, imho, it's kind of a circular process.

I suppose I could try an example to see if it gets us anywhere, if anybody is interested in so doing. I'm not sure I am, honestly.
You can tell the intellectuals on here by their use of words like ‘sesquipedalian’.

I think you are giving too much undeserved credit here. There is very little rational arguments being put forth here. Just mostly in group emotional vomits and self congratulatory postulations .repeated overtime that gives it the patina of reasoning.

Are there exceptions? Sure. But it's not the norm.
It takes one to know one.

“Fellas, we gotta talk,” Bautista said. “A lot of men seem to think that Donald Trump is some kind of tough guy. He’s not. I mean, look at him, he wears more makeup than Dolly Parton. He whines like a baby. The guy is afraid of birds. Donald Trump had his daddy pay a doctor to say his little feet hurt so he could dodge the draft. Look at that gut. It’s like a garbage bag full of buttermilk.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.